863 vs 860 springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Spring question for the group. Currently running on 865s and have about 21” from hub center to fender.
No major issues but want a bit more height and feel the truck wallows a bit.

Have full KO2 275 70 18 spare underneath.
Have steel sliders
Have drawers with some tools and gear
Have front bumper

May get a roof rack in near future.
No rear bumper.

Should I go heavy w 863s, just higher with 860s, or stick with 865s and stop obsessing about ways to improve my rig 24/7.

2866s. Dual rate springs.

Spring question for the group. Currently running on 865s and have about 21” from hub center to fender.
No major issues but want a bit more height and feel the truck wallows a bit.

Have full KO2 275 70 18 spare underneath.
Have steel sliders
Have drawers with some tools and gear
Have front bumper

May get a roof rack in near future.
No rear bumper.

Should I go heavy w 863s, just higher with 860s, or stick with 865s and stop obsessing about ways to improve my rig 24/7.

It looks like you're running a somewhat similar setup to my son's vehicle (ARB Deluxe/Winch/Slee sliders/KISS/OME springs, torsion bars and shocks). We were mostly happy with the 865 springs, except for the fact that we loaded up the back for a trip, the backend dropped slightly below the front. We were at a little over 21.5" in the rear with the 865 springs. We debated the 860 springs vs the 866 springs, but opted for the 860 springs, based on the fact that his truck is a DD that is usually unloaded, and we were fairly happy with the 865 spring rate. The rear of his vehicle currently sits at 23". Over the last 3 years, we've been pretty pleased with our decision.

It looks like you're running a somewhat similar setup to my son's vehicle (ARB Deluxe/Winch/Slee sliders/KISS/OME springs, torsion bars and shocks). We were mostly happy with the 865 springs, except for the fact that we loaded up the back for a trip, the backend dropped slightly below the front. We were at a little over 21.5" in the rear with the 865 springs. We debated the 860 springs vs the 866 springs, but opted for the 860 springs, based on the fact that his truck is a DD that is usually unloaded, and we were fairly happy with the 865 spring rate. The rear of his vehicle currently sits at 23". Over the last 3 years, we've been pretty pleased with our decision.
Thanks for the input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom