For Sale '86 FJ60 H42 and 38mm Split Case SOLD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4Cruisers

SILVER Star
Threads
Relatively low mileage H42 4-speed/split transfer case from an '86 FJ60 - $600 $500 plus shipping. SOLD

This transmission and transfer case is from an FJ60 that had ~127,000 miles on the odometer when the 2F threw a rod (previous owner). The vehicle hasn't been on the road since the mid-90s. I bought the vehicle a dozen years ago in southern Nevada from the original owner in order to install a 3FE and H55f 5-speed.

The transmission has been stored in my garage since I bought the vehicle. It has the extension housing between the transmission and transfer case and the transfer case has the 38mm diameter idler shaft. With a fluid change I wouldn't hesitate to drop it in another vehicle and run it as-is. It comes complete with all shifters and linkages.

I'd prefer local pick-up or delivery in northern New Mexico, but I'm willing to strap it to a pallet and ship via Forward Air or Fastenal. Mudship is also an option if I can find it a ride. I'll also be heading through the Denver area in about three weeks, so that's another option.

H42-1.jpg

H42-2.jpg

H42-3.jpg

H42-4.jpg

H42-5.jpg

Last edited:
no shifters? kinda kills the deal
I've got the 4-speed transmission shifter, the stud bolt that the transfer case shift lever pivots on, and the high/low shift lever on the top of the transfer case. The rest of the shift mechanism is needed for the H55f/FJ62 split case installation in my '86 FJ60 project. I'm open to reasonable offers considering the shift mechanism parts that are not included. In the meantime, I'll try to source the other three transfer shift linkage parts and the shift guide in order to offer a complete package.

TTT with new photos, now complete with all shifters and linkages - ready to drop in and drive.

That sure is clean looking. Do you have the month of the rig it came out of? If it has bearing supported gears vs. bushings someone is getting a killer deal.

That sure is clean looking. Do you have the month of the rig it came out of? If it has bearing supported gears vs. bushings someone is getting a killer deal.
Transfer case manufacture code: 6F1863 (June 1986)

My understanding is that only the FJ62 transfer case had bearing supported gears - were some of the FJ60 transfer cases set up that way?

1st in line depending on pickup coordination.

I would hold on to that transfer case dude. They started that sometime in 86 and I want to say you are in the range.

I would hold on to that transfer case dude. They started that sometime in 86 and I want to say you are in the range.
I've already started prepping my '89 FJ62 split case (it's also in excellent shape) to install on the H55f that's going into my '86 FJ60 with a 3FE. I'm glad to help out a fellow local MUD member, all the better if he gets an upgraded transfer case. I haven't been able to find out from searching the Toyota online parts catalog that there was any FJ60 mid-production change on the front and rear output shaft bearings.

John thanks for the tranny/transfer case. Look forward to picking it up!

Shawn

I bought the rest of the parts needed for the H55f (shift lever, shift knob, and 5th gear oiler cup) from Cruiser Dan before he retired from American Toyota. I've been very pleased dealing with Don at the parts counter, and they continue to offer the 25% MUD discount if you ask for it. Good luck with the H55f swap.

John

Hey john, just realized this. Are you still passing thru here to Denver in three weeks? Will you have room for this? If so maybe I can help a bit with fuel for the trip. Meet you off i25? Just a thought if you've got set plans to come here in 3 weeks. If you have a firm date let me know, I spend a majority of my time in Colorado Springs now.

Yes knew cruiser Dan...great guy and helped this community out a lot. For folks that read this post, As you've said John, American Toyota in Albuquerque will still honor cruiser dans deal at the parts counter, tell them you're a MUD member and they'll still take care of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom