86 4runner Thought it was the head gasket?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a 86 runner re with what i thought was a blown head gasket so sent in the head replaced bolts, all gaskets, Did everything. well know i can put new oil in it and run it for ever and no problems but as soon as i shut it off water goes right back in the oil. Block???? any ideas please!!!:bang:

How did the timing cover look? That's usually the next culprit... Were there grooves in it on the drivers side? Did you pull the whole engine and rebuild? Whenever I've left the pan on and pulled the timing cover, I always get lots of water in the pan, and it takes a few flushes of oil to get it all worked out....

i checked the cover didnt look bad at all i changed everything new water pump oil pump all knew gaskets. I thought it might just have water in it 2. Ive changed the oil 3 times now same thing. Its not a little water its alot total milk when you check it.

When the timing chain guides and rail brake the chain slaps on the coolant passage inside the timing cover on the left side of the engine. the chain will wear two grooves inside the cover and eventually through the cover letting coolant into the oiling system.

Its not that i checked the cover. I think its intake or block. Ive done quite a few timing chains. I had one more idiea. The guy i got this thing from blew the head gasket in fall, I bought it in winter do you think that the water in the oil could of froze and caused a crack in the block??? just an idiea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom