85k Mile Unicorn Riverrock Green Mica LC Find (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! A few weeks back I picked up this insane 85k Mile 2000 Land Cruiser from the original owner. I wasn't planning on buying another 100 series, but this was too perfect to turn down.

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 8.42.05 PM.png

I was searching FB marketplace when I saw a listing for a 2000 LC with less than 85k miles. I was sure it was a mistake (forgot to put the 1 in front) but when I called I talked to the owner who told me he bought it new in 2000 and consistently drove it for the last 21 years (obviously not that far). He has several cars so this LC was in a rotation, but he told me it never went more than two weeks without being driven. He had it in Northern California for the first several years and then Idaho until he moved to the Midwest a few years back. He really had a deep love for the car and and even would take it to the dealer for check ups when it didn't have anything wrong! (I have all the records to prove it)

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 8.43.57 PM.png

My other Land Cruisers is white with 296k miles and has definitely had a tough life, but the interior of this 85k mile LC really shows me what it was like to buy one of these new. As I am sure many of you can relate, the plastics in the interior of my white LC have millions of scratches and wear marks from over the years. The Riverrock LC has trim pieces that look brand new! I can't ever imagine it was used to transport anything other than pillows🤣.

IMG_3325.jpeg

It was such a cool experience asking the original owner, "how did you pick the color? Why did you buy a Land Cruiser? How did you decide on options?" Right now I am detailing the interior trying to get every little spec (there aren't many) out of the carpets and trim. I have modified my White LC over the last two years, but since this LC has 85k miles, I have been working to make it look just as it did on the dealership floor.

IMG_3322.jpeg

I replaced the muffler with one bought from the dealership because the original sounded tinny, but other than that the chassis and body look great for 21 years. You can really see how this has lived its whole life in a garage, and was truly taken care of.

IMG_3332.jpeg

This has been such a dream. I searched the internet every week looking for a LC like this, and I never thought I would find a crazy low mileage, perfect color combo (in my opinion), perfect situation 100 series ever. This is a true unicorn and I knew how happy this experience has made me, and I thought you all would appreciate the story.

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 8.47.36 PM.png

Now my only problem is that I have 2 LC's. What to do...🤔

What was the final sale price? Picking up a 2000 LX470 in similar color combo with slightly less miles in the very near future. Just curious .....

That one looks expensive man

Congrats on the find.

The world wants to know, does the "D" light indicator still work?🤔
Lol...

Right Right....

I was SO OCD when I got my super high mileage LC I tore the dash apart and replaced all the bulbs I could get to. Well I forgot about ordering the indicator lights for the gears and such so I dug around my old little bulb holding plastic box and came upon an identical sized bulb I had pulled from a Honda Civic some years back. Was able to put the green "condom" back on the Honda bulb and my green "D" is lower in brightness and it's great.

Worst case scenario one could try and put another new bulb cover on the factory green one and it would dim the very bright bulb.

Congrats on the find.

The world wants to know, does the "D" light indicator still work?🤔
I was surprised to find that it actually does not! I bought my white land cruiser with 278,000 miles and the light was burnt out, and thought it was a high mileage rite of passage, but apparently even sub 100k they still suffer from it!

Buy another (third) one?
I found a local 98 with 350,000 miles and a rear diff lock, and was very tempted.

Lol...

Right Right....

I was SO OCD when I got my super high mileage LC I tore the dash apart and replaced all the bulbs I could get to. Well I forgot about ordering the indicator lights for the gears and such so I dug around my old little bulb holding plastic box and came upon an identical sized bulb I had pulled from a Honda Civic some years back. Was able to put the green "condom" back on the Honda bulb and my green "D" is lower in brightness and it's great.

Worst case scenario one could try and put another new bulb cover on the factory green one and it would dim the very bright bulb.
Thats why I don't mind the fact that the bulb is burnt out on either of mine, when you are driving at night the light is so bright that it is distracting for me. Sometimes I use the dial to turn down all the dash lights so I can feel like I'm in a stealth bomber or driving around with the SAAB Night Panel

Thats why I don't mind the fact that the bulb is burnt out on either of mine, when you are driving at night the light is so bright that it is distracting for me. Sometimes I use the dial to turn down all the dash lights so I can feel like I'm in a stealth bomber or driving around with the SAAB Night Panel
And brio,

SAAB Night Panel is legit, I remember the first time I ever saw it. I had to deliver a sold used convertible Saab for the used car dept because their customer had one of my Acura loaner cars. I asked if I could deliver the Saab to get my loaner back ASAP and the customer agreed. I kind of discovered it by accident and loved it!

NOW the in reverse/parking brake on to operate the ignition switch wasn't so nice after stalling the engine in the service drive... Lol...

Hello! A few weeks back I picked up this insane 85k Mile 2000 Land Cruiser from the original owner. I wasn't planning on buying another 100 series, but this was too perfect to turn down.

View attachment 2678883

I was searching FB marketplace when I saw a listing for a 2000 LC with less than 85k miles. I was sure it was a mistake (forgot to put the 1 in front) but when I called I talked to the owner who told me he bought it new in 2000 and consistently drove it for the last 21 years (obviously not that far). He has several cars so this LC was in a rotation, but he told me it never went more than two weeks without being driven. He had it in Northern California for the first several years and then Idaho until he moved to the Midwest a few years back. He really had a deep love for the car and and even would take it to the dealer for check ups when it didn't have anything wrong! (I have all the records to prove it)

View attachment 2678886

My other Land Cruisers is white with 296k miles and has definitely had a tough life, but the interior of this 85k mile LC really shows me what it was like to buy one of these new. As I am sure many of you can relate, the plastics in the interior of my white LC have millions of scratches and wear marks from over the years. The Riverrock LC has trim pieces that look brand new! I can't ever imagine it was used to transport anything other than pillows🤣.

View attachment 2678887

It was such a cool experience asking the original owner, "how did you pick the color? Why did you buy a Land Cruiser? How did you decide on options?" Right now I am detailing the interior trying to get every little spec (there aren't many) out of the carpets and trim. I have modified my White LC over the last two years, but since this LC has 85k miles, I have been working to make it look just as it did on the dealership floor.

View attachment 2678889

I replaced the muffler with one bought from the dealership because the original sounded tinny, but other than that the chassis and body look great for 21 years. You can really see how this has lived its whole life in a garage, and was truly taken care of.

View attachment 2678891

This has been such a dream. I searched the internet every week looking for a LC like this, and I never thought I would find a crazy low mileage, perfect color combo (in my opinion), perfect situation 100 series ever. This is a true unicorn and I knew how happy this experience has made me, and I thought you all would appreciate the story.

View attachment 2678894
Now my only problem is that I have 2 LC's. What to do...🤔
Good for you! What ended up happening with this car? I agree it is the best color Toyota ever made, and one of the best years for a 100 series. I've had 3 and now am looking for another.

I prefer the "D" light to be off.

Keep both.. Convert the high mileage truck as a camper. Remove the 3rd row seats and second row 60 seat and build a bed... Set a fridge and a table behind the 2nd row seat... Go places and enjoy! Not many are lucky to own a fleet of cars... Every Texan I meet (you know those true texans) have a fleet of vehicles... I have several and planning to get a 200 or an Armada and then probably convert my 100 as I stated above.

Don't forget to replace the Heater T's. Enjoy.... Forget about selling.... Go places.... solo or family...

Good for you! What ended up happening with this car? I agree it is the best color Toyota ever made, and one of the best years for a 100 series. I've had 3 and now am looking for another.
I ended up fixing up a few things over a couple months, making it look like it did in the showroom, but sadly I had to sell it and now it is with a Land Cruiser Collector with an amazing collection that gets driven. Two years ago it was honestly too nice of a Land Cruiser for me and it made more sense for me to stick to my 300k mile 100. I miss it every day and one day once I can afford it, I would love to buy it back.

I ended up fixing up a few things over a couple months, making it look like it did in the showroom, but sadly I had to sell it and now it is with a Land Cruiser Collector with an amazing collection that gets driven. Two years ago it was honestly too nice of a Land Cruiser for me and it made more sense for me to stick to my 300k mile 100. I miss it every day and one day once I can afford it, I would love to buy it back.
I hope you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom