850/860 with spacers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I currently have the MAF 30mm spacers installed front and back, and am ready to order an OME 850/860 combo. My question is if anyone has this lift with spacers also, or is it best to just leave them out all around. Or maybe just run them up front. I have stock bumpers for now and I am running 285 Duratraks. Thanks in advance for any info, or links that would help out.

I run the spacers without any issues; however. i also have MAF drop brackets for the front control arms and rear heavy duty adjustable control arms upper and lower. With the heavy's in the back i have approx 5" of lift.

I have the 850/860 combo and when I was running 285s it was perfect - no rubbing whatsoever. Then I mounted 35s and encountered a little rubbing so I added 30mm MAF spring spacers at all 4 corners. I still rub a little when flexed and I bottom out at higher speeds on rough roads, but it's nothing I can't live with. Here's a pic right after I installed the spacers.
DSCN4529.JPG

I have the 850/ 860 combo with spacers, 35's and no flares. Works real well, no rubbies so far.:)

I guess this is the same question I was asking... lol

I also have the OME kit but with Koni Heavy Track Raid shocks.
It fits without spacers for 285/75/16 BFG MT

4196832.jpg

Either leave the spacer up front with 850/860, or get a J spring up front with the 860. I run the equivilent of that setup and have a really level stance, 315's and no rubbing.

If you're going 285's, an 860 in the back is going to give you quite a gap between fender/tire unless you're fairly heavy.

Disclaimer: IMO

Pose-1.jpg

I run the 850/860 combo but still running stock tires and have a little "bug" to mine. Will upgrade to the 315 Duratrac very soon and will go with the spacer up front to level it out then.

Please post some pics of your rig so I can see how mine will look.

Thanks, SC

I have the 850/860 combo and when I was running 285s it was perfect - no rubbing whatsoever. Then I mounted 35s and encountered a little rubbing so I added 30mm MAF spring spacers at all 4 corners. I still rub a little when flexed and I bottom out at higher speeds on rough roads, but it's nothing I can't live with. Here's a pic right after I installed the spacers.

VC,

Slight Hi-jack...
I have the 850/860 combo also and a set of (4) MAF spacers in a box on a shelf in the garage. I have the yellow OME 2 degree castor bushings instead of the 3 degree SLEE Blue's. Think I'd screw my castor up with the spacers installed in the front? Guess there's only one way to tell, huh? Your rig looks great!

Thanks,
Justin

VC,

Slight Hi-jack...
I have the 850/860 combo also and a set of (4) MAF spacers in a box on a shelf in the garage. I have the yellow OME 2 degree castor bushings instead of the 3 degree SLEE Blue's. Think I'd screw my castor up with the spacers installed in the front? Guess there's only one way to tell, huh? Your rig looks great!

Thanks,
Justin

Thanks! When I bought this thing it had new 285 NTGs on it so I thought a 2.5" lift would be all I needed to take the family camping and what not. But then I went wheelin with some local 80 guys and I was hooked. So of course I became addicted and wanted to go bigger. When I installed the lift I had the OME yellow bushings installed for the caster correction but it still wandered so I installed Slee's blues and there was noticable improvement. With what I know now, I think if I just would've run lower tire pressure in the NTGs, the yellows would've felt fine. Fast forward to the new wheels (35s) and the 30mm spring spacers. Now I am out of spec again but it doesn't wander because I only run 32lbs of air in the tires. MPG probably suffers but it drives nicely. FYI, it is a weekend warrior not a DD.

Justin, with your lift you are already out of spec and with the spacers it will be even more so. My word of advice for you, if your 80 is your Daily Driver and you haven't installed your CC bushings, sell them and install caster plates. Now lets see some pictures of yours. :cheers:

I guess one thing I am wondering is, if I run the spacers, 850/860 on 285's will it dwarf the tires too much. I just got the tires so 315's wouldnt be in line for quite a while. Does anyone have pics of something like this? Thanks for all the feedback!

I guess one thing I am wondering is, if I run the spacers, 850/860 on 285's will it dwarf the tires too much. I just got the tires so 315's wouldnt be in line for quite a while. Does anyone have pics of something like this? Thanks for all the feedback!

i would also love to see pics of anybody running the 580/860 with 285 if u got some!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom