850/860....L shocks or regular? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have narrowed my lift down to either the ironman 2.5 lift or OME heavy front/medium rear. My question is if I can run the OME L shocks with the heavy/medium setup? Or would there be no advantage to the longer shock with this setup? Thanks

The L shocks would be too long, requiring you to add some other parts too. They're only needed for 3"+ of lift.

Ironman? :doh:

So im assuming your against the ironman option?

I'm currently between Ironman and OME 2.5" (heavy/medium). Please post up your results once you get the lift installed. :beer:

I've heard good things about Ironman. However, I've already installed an OME based lift on another vehicle, so I may just go that route. I already have the steering stabilizer, so that's a few bucks that I won't have to spend.

I have the mediums and L shocks and they are just fine, I can full stuff my rears until they rub the wheel well and I'm not bottoming out my shocks. I am planning on adding the 30mm spring spacer here soon which is why I went with the L's.

Go L's as you may want to add spacers later; they won't bottom out at full stuff on those springs anyway.

P.S. You might as well run a J in the front with the 860 unless you like Stinkbug; just my opinion:)

The australian dudes in the "80 series race truck" thread has some interesting things to say about the ironman stuff.

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom