85 power steering pump port? pressure side (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lemoore, CA (south of Fresno) / Cortes Island, B.C
Thread closed

I have a 85 60 series power steering pump that I fabricated onto my FJ40. I don't know which is the high pressure side. I am using a minitruck pump and the low pressure side fits into one side but don't know if it is correct. If I am looking down on the pump and the steering shaft is to the right, is the high pressure the side closest to the engine or is the the farthest from the engine?
Thanks.

Last edited:
My 85 fj60 The low pressure from the pump is from the reservoir and hi pressure is from the body of the pump. the connection to the steering gear is low pressure on engine side. Hi pressure to the right looking from the front.

I have a 85 60 series power steering pump that I fabricated onto my FJ40. I don't know which is the high pressure side. I am using a minitruck pump and the low pressure side fits into one side but don't know if it is correct. If I am looking down on the pump and the steering shaft is to the right, is the high pressure the side closest to the engine or is the the farthest from the engine?
Thanks.

Are you asking about pump or box?

I got it figured out. I was not thinking clearly. I finally got the 60 series steering installed and working correctly. I was almost jumping up and down with joy until I saw a little bit of coolant on the garage floor. Turns out my radiator is leaking and I was pissed off and didn't sit down and think the steering box through.

Thanks for the replies, I figured it out after some time to think it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom