85 Fj60 with fzj80 rear axel parking brake cable options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have an Fj60 running an fj80 Full Float rear axle, And what did they do for the parking brake cable? My stock 60 cable were it mounts to the axel is about 1" short, Partly because the center pin for the spring is placed in the last hole on the new axel perch. So if I extend the bracket froward 2" I can mount the cable securely and not under strain. Then take the driver's side cable and shorten it 2" where it mounts to the break and attach. And on the passenger side lengthen the cable 4" so it will mount to the break and attach. This looks like that would work. Has anyone done something different please let me know?

I've done this on two vehicles. Use the 80 series cable. It adjusts and works perfectly.

So I ended up running a FZJ80 parking brake cable. I had to make a small S shape to pull some slack out. Works good the rear still need to be adjusted but will hold on a slight incline the new 39s. But I have a new issue when mounting it to the 2 fixed points the cable is tight. So I need to make some brackets because I assume I have to much lift.

03EA25BC-232B-426E-9716-AE5423B86DB8.jpeg

12BE4774-CE78-4FBC-822E-19D2AD361787.jpeg

7CF3E6E8-5E4F-41E3-8CDD-857D88E7B11B.jpeg

Parking brake cable is working but I’m going to pull it out and use a stock 60 cable and mod the passenger side and make it longer. I feel I have to much throw and it has to be completely tighten to work properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom