Builds Project Snowball ❄️ 85 FJ60 Cummins 4BT/ HX-30 SUPER/ NV4500/ SOA (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It may be my eyes, but it doesn't look like the hood would be able to close without hitting the turbo. Are you going to cut the hood and make a scoop for the turbo snail to fit, or are you going to mount the engine a bit low?
Can you send me some pictures of your 4BT setup on a conversation? Thanks Jason

Can you send me some pictures of your 4BT setup on a conversation? Thanks Jason

It's dark and rainy now, but I'll snap one or two pics as soon as I get a chance.

I tried sending you pics in a conversation but it's not letting me attach them. Anyway here are two older pics.

Mike

20171120_173053.jpg

20171006_190353.jpg

There have been a few minor changes since these pics were taken.

My turbo doesn't look any taller than yours. Do you run a NV4500?
it may have been the angle of the photo or my eyes playing tricks on me. Yes I run an NV4500 transmission . It's a strong tranny with easy to find parts.

it may have been the angle of the photo or my eyes playing tricks on me. Yes I run an NV4500 transmission . It's a strong tranny with easy to find parts.
Yeah getting excited for the install. It's been such a bizarre winter in Oregon but has allowed me to focus on this build. Now snow is coming for me tonight into the weekend. Would love to be able to be driving my cruiser but I've just got to have patience. Perfection doesn't happen over night!

Started work on installing Advanced Adapters adapter between NV4500 and FJ60 transfer case and realized they forgot to ship spacer between bearing and housing. Called and said it'd be here Monday.

Got hammered by almost a foot of snow last night and UPS didn't deliver the AA spacer today hopefully just because of the snow. I really wish I had my cruiser to wheel in. The snow was the light dry stuff you get east of the Cascades. More snow coming to the foothills tomorrow into the weekend. Strange waking up and looking out the window and seeing this!

IMG_8123.JPG

IMG_8121.JPG

Was able to meet with UPS and get the spacer on Tuesday. We have gotten snow here every day. Solid 14” of snow on the roof.
Apparently the spacer was supposed to be sent already in the AA housing. Today we found it was very tight. AA said to put the housing in oven and warm to about 110F. Got housing in oven and put spacer in freezer. Took out housing and spacer dropped right in. Next we were able to set the bearing right in. Depending on snow for tonight we hope to install the motor tomorrow.

IMG_8155.JPG

IMG_8217.JPG

Last edited:
Damn, you got way more snow where your at. I only have about 3-4” up here.
That's 14" on my roof. I put the metal loc seam roof on to allow snow to slide and protect against wildfires. We put it on and Oregon Energy Trust gave us almost $2000 tax credit. I am a winter enthusiast and this past week has been awesome except for not being able to work on the build.

IMG_8147.JPG

IMG_8151.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom