Builds Project Snowball ❄️ 85 FJ60 Cummins 4BT/ HX-30 SUPER/ NV4500/ SOA (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Found a fix on YouTube. I have some thin Stainless Steel sheet metal at work.

IMG_7948.PNG

IMG_7949.PNG

IMG_7950.PNG

IMG_7951.PNG

Sold 4 speed transmission yesterday with clutch. Also had a local fellow MUD member come and purchase my carburetor last evening and see the progress on swap. Thanks JHE4601, your 84 cruisers a beauty. Got 4BT mated to the NV4500. New accessories being added to the block. Picture of 2F and 4BT NV4500 in shop. Thanks 2F we had 4 great years together. The holdup now is that Advanced Adapters is a month out on NV4500 adapter to 60 transfer case. Today's job will be pulling out the 60 and pressure washing and degreasing engine bay.

IMG_7984.JPG

IMG_7989.JPG

I can't wait to see and hear this thing running. That bumper looks like one from landcruiser restorations out of Kansas? Here is a link to their site. Accessories for your FJ40, FJ45, FJ55, FJ60, FJ62, FJ Cruisers | Land Cruiser Restorations Thanks for the carb again. I think Jim C is gunna rebuild it. I always wanted one of his rebuilt carbs. The carb whisperer.
Man it was awesome meeting a fellow MUD enthusiast and help another cruiser out. Let's go cruising to the Deschutes River and do some fly fishing for sum Steelies!

Off with the old motor mounts and getting ready for the new. Cleaning frame and degreasing. Think I'm going to paint all metal in engine bay black, think the red Cummins will really stand out in the black hole. Parts for the build are starting to arrive.

IMG_8050.JPG

IMG_8047.JPG

IMG_8048.JPG

IMG_8049.JPG

You find a split case adapter yet? I seem to remember getting mine from a pirate 4x4 member. He was a vendor that guaranteed pricing better than the next guy

You find a split case adapter yet? I seem to remember getting mine from a pirate 4x4 member. He was a vendor that guaranteed pricing better than the next guy
Advanced Adapters said March 22nd. 3 others are waiting for the adapter too.

Damn. Better than never i suppose! I'm sure you'll have plenty to do before that.

Make sure and seal that up good, mine seeps just a little oil. Never had to add, but just irritating to have it wet with oil.

Damn. Better than never i suppose! I'm sure you'll have plenty to do before that.

Make sure and seal that up good, mine seeps just a little oil. Never had to add, but just irritating to have it wet with oil.
My new delema is the exhaust manifold and turbo. Did you use the 4BT exhaust manifold? This put the turbo too tall if orientated to the front of motor or too close to the firewall if flipped over. Saw the 6 cylinder exhaust manifold could be used with two ports removed and welded shut. The mount for the turbo is kicked at a 45 on the top of manifold which would give more room. Any other 4BT swappers who have some help for me would be appreciated.

This is the adapter for the 4BT oil filter to allow the filter to hang vertically instead of laying horizontal spilling oil every time oil needs to be changed.

IMG_8049.JPG

IMG_8053.PNG

Very nice addition if it fits without issue. Nobody likes that oil filter which makes a nasty mess. I know of a few fords...

I have a 6 cylinder Mitsubishi mated to an nv4500. Dunno about the Cummins stuff. Tall engine... I didn't really have fitment issues besides NO COOLING FAN

Finding different configurations for the exhaust manifold and turbo. The bottom configuration is the route we are going. It also utilizes the oil adapter I've purchased.

IMG_8055.PNG

IMG_8056.PNG

IMG_8065.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom