Builds Project Snowball ❄️ 85 FJ60 Cummins 4BT/ HX-30 SUPER/ NV4500/ SOA (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks fellas
Thought I'd share my day cleaning this well out.

IMG_8257.JPG

IMG_8258.JPG

IMG_8259.JPG

IMG_8260.JPG

would have been better if you struck oil !
better luck next time =3

:banana:
Funny you should mention oil. The well pump motor was an old oil filled Meyers motor that was leaking out over the years giving an oil sheen to the surface of the water in bath tub and in water glass. The new pump motors have water instead of oil.

Met with boots4 to see his tricked out 85 4BT automatic compound turbo SOA 60 sitting on 40's!👏 Both our cruisers are the same off white. His cruiser manufactured date is April of 85 and mine is July of 85. Mine will be 85 4BT manual SOA 60 sitting on 35's.
He had a lot of great info to add to our build. Like the SOA with an add a leaf. He has really customized his ride so he really explained the suspension well. He has his step van inner cooler and we see we will have more than enough room to have the one from mine. He also had his stock radiator. These parts are a huge bonus plus saving some much needed cash. Thanks again Mike:cheers:
What a great forum here allowing us cruisers to meet other people to help us with these custom builds. Motor mounts are in and motor is resting in its new home.

Last edited:
@boots4 is a wealth of knowledge. He's helped me and continues to help with questions on my set up. You're lucky to live close enough to meet up and share experience and ideas.

Thanks guys.

@Phoenician, I think I may have planted a compound turbo set up seed on Hojack's rig now. He's already got the preferred pair of turbos to make it work and I think your side-by-side layout will work good on his setup.

Hojack, I'm looking forward to your build progression. My build thread link is in my signature, just click on it and it'll take you there. Pics of my rig SOA on 35s are in the first couple of pages. After a sidewall failure on one of those tires I stepped up to 38s I had already planned on.

Your motor mounts are turning out great. I still have my liquid filled mounts and have toyed with setting those up in my set up in the future but my current layout is working for now.

Last edited:
Meeting MUD members who are so stoked about these builds is awesome. Can't wait for Little Brother to get out there for adventure. Found some Chevy 63 leaf springs in Vancouver for $75 on CL. Forwarded to boots4 for his approval.

IMG_8290.PNG

Innercooler is at aluminum welding shop getting fabricated. Played with it this weekend getting configuration with innercooler, radiator, and battery. While we're waiting took opportunity to catch some Steelies in the Clackamas River. 3 in the box, landed 2 natives had to release- one was the monster below, lost 3 with one bending the hook.

IMG_8303.JPG

IMG_8304.JPG

IMG_8305.JPG

The radiator needs to go in the same location as stock. The intercooler will go in front of the radiator behind the Toyota grill and will be flipped so in and out flow are below to allow battery to fit.

Last edited:
Was thinking of designing a Cascade Cruiser shirt and when I googled it I found it's a club here in Oregon. Saw a few MUD members on there, even @boots4. Really looking forward to getting out with the cruiser with some locals. Nice irrigation booster pump job today at my old stomping grounds - Sam Barlow High.

IMG_8316.JPG

IMG_8317.JPG

IMG_0271.jpeg

Last edited:
The swap has slowed to a halt this week with work load insane busy. We have 15 water wells to work on in Mosier in the Columbia River Gorge. Dug trench from pumphouse to a new 980' deep well. These customers are building a Hobbit house which will be an Airbnb to rent when completed. The Gorge is an amazing place. Passing 620' Multnomah Falls on I-84. Long days work east of Government Camp on Mt.Hood installation a brand new Ultra Violet system to remove bacteria from springwater for vacation homes. The Champion 3 Row radiator showed up today. The aluminum welded for the innercooler still hasn't started. Maybe next week...

IMG_5156.JPG

IMG_8340.JPG

IMG_5161.JPG

IMG_5165.JPG

Last edited:
Just stumbled onto this thread. Looking good so far.
I have a Champion radiator in my 40 and it’s kept cool through one Texas summer so far. One of the selling points for me was it accepts the OEM Toyota radiator cap.

Counter top is cool.....Concrete or epoxy?
That's Brazilian Riverrock granite. We bought that for our kitchen remodel and I asked for all the scrap. Little did I know that when you buy countertops you buy the entire slab. I came home after they installed the counter tops and left the rectangular piece. It sat in my shop about a year and then I built a log dining room table. I've built one chair now a month ago. Definitely was a huge bonus and looks awesome with the kitchen. If anybody buys stone then ask for the entire slab.

IMG_8362.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom