85 BJ70 Temperature Control lever question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hope a simple question. I had a problem with the tape player and had to remove it. After I removed it, noticed that cable (black) is not connected to temperature control lever and looks like the end is broken, and it pulled all the way to the left and when I slide the temp. control back and forth, the cable doesn't move. Does the cable should be connected to the temp. control lever?

Thanks,
Alex

there is a control wire connected to the temperature (hot/cold) slider. this wire travels in its cover to the firewall where there is a valve wich controls the hot coolant entering the heater core. if the control is not connected then this valve will not move.. usually the control cable will be simply clipped into the temp selection lever... hopefully it is not broken..

Looks like a small part of the control wire where it connects to the temperature (hot/cold) slider is missing and even if I pull it with pliers, still can't reach the slider. What would be my options, replacing it (how difficult) or extend it somehow?

Thanks,
Alex

bj70alex said:
Looks like a small part of the control wire where it connects to the temperature (hot/cold) slider is missing and even if I pull it with pliers, still can't reach the slider. What would be my options, replacing it (how difficult) or extend it somehow?

Thanks,
Alex

If you don't find a simple solution, snap a pic pointing to the problem, and send it to Sheldon at info@gscruiserparts.com requesting a quote. I know we just sold one assembly, and am not sure we have another...if this is what I think you mean. Sheldon will know for sure.

hth's

gb

Greg_B said:
If you don't find a simple solution, snap a pic pointing to the problem, and send it to Sheldon at info@gscruiserparts.com requesting a quote. I know we just sold one assembly, and am not sure we have another...if this is what I think you mean. Sheldon will know for sure.

hth's

gb

Greg,

I will email Sheldon, but I don't think I need a complete assembly, just a cable.
Maybe someone will make some suggestions as far as fixing (extending the cable so it can be connected to (hot/cold) slider.

Thanks,
Alex

bj70alex said:
Greg,

I will email Sheldon, but I don't think I need a complete assembly, just a cable.
Maybe someone will make some suggestions as far as fixing (extending the cable so it can be connected to (hot/cold) slider.

Thanks,
Alex

My bad. I thought one of the levers that the cable attached to was broken.

gb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom