84K 80 on Ebay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We've seen them go for $20k ish.

This one has been listed a couple times.
I think this is a case of the mods not helping the price.

Hmm, my 80 has almost 2x the mileage, and is in better shape. Sure, I have tossed a ton of money at my rig in the past year.

Lots of interesting kit on the rig, and will be interesting to see how much it goes for in the auction. Likely it will not meet reserve, unless the seller drops their expectations.

The real question is if they are a fellow Mudder.

:cheers:

Steve

Looks used and abused - not worth more than $5000 - $6000 IMHO.

-Phil

Ha, you'd think for 22,000 grand that you would a least get all 4 wheel caps.
With those mods, someone has probably taken it off road and beat the tar out of it. The sub 100,000 mile 80's I've seen go for big money were in MINT condition.
The mods don't make up for the overall average condition, regardless of miles.

Sweet rig, just not $22k sweet.

For that money I would want a spotless, unmolested, totally stock truck. Premium prices for any collectible cult vehicle are for that type of example. This truck has lots of mods, but is in ratty condition. This guy isn't living in reality.

Lifted, armor front and rear...but it still has factory running boards??

mileage exempt is used on vehicles over 10 years old in Colorado. Stupid to title that way IMO too but title clerks at big dealerships do it all the time to save time. I did it myself when in the business but never on anything that old with low miles

My first thought was possible roll back too.

I’m not sure what fluffy pillows some people are wheeling over, but that rig doesn’t look bad. Besides, with an ARB bumper, drawer system in the back, 12000lbs winch, 42 gallon fuel tank, dual battery set-up and a seriously upgraded stereo with navigation, it was probably built for expedition, nor rock crawling. That vehicle report has some interesting bits and pieces that need to be figured out, but the real issues is why anyone would buy a build vehicle to take out and beat up? Pay a third for a rig with good maintenance records and twice the miles and fix it up (which is a lot of the fun), or buy a pampered princess to drive around town.

Wow, up to 13k. I picked up my '95 with 75k miles for 10k and even I can admit I overpaid

it's got a boost gauge, what more do you need to see?

You will be surprised how much guys down here had a boost gauge in a NA car .. :hillbilly: but more than that .. how much it's boosting, injectors, AFR .. I didn't any IC and to make 400 HP in a 1FZ-FE with SC you will need to push it pretty hard .. said 10 PSI plus ..

I doubt that we will see it sell for $22k. The current price means nothing as it is "reserve not met" and people play games with them all the time.

It looks like a decent vehicle with some cool mod's but it's still a case of a dealer with unrealistic expectations. Put it out for a high price to get some exposure and then hope for some interested people you can negotiate with after the auction.

I spot 1 lie right off the bat - In his Ebay ad it says that all 3 owners are Toyota dealership owner/employees, but the rear plate frame is from "Seattle / CARTER" in the pic of the rear pre-Kaymar bumper.

Carter in Seattle is a Subaru/VW dealership, and there is no reason it would have that plate frame with Seattle on it if it was from Carter Toyota in Colville, WA.

The yellow painted Carter frames are always from the Subaru/VW dealer in Seattle - so I wonder what else is a story in his advertising? If he feels the need to lie about that, I have to wonder what else is a story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom