84 Toyota pickup 2.4L Diesel engine help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to help locating my glow plugs on my Diesel engine. I do not have a repair manual to do this. I plug my truck in at night and it starts now problem warming up, but when I drive it to work I have a hard time getting it started in the cold evenings I have to keep turning the key on and then off like the glow plugs aren’t working properly. I would like to locate the ones on the truck and get them replaced to solve my problem any help is appreciated.

Might get better help here Diesel Tech / 24 volts

Or the 95 and older Toyota truck one..https://forum.ih8mud.com/forums/95-older-toyota-truck-tech.22/

I need to help locating my glow plugs on my Diesel engine. I do not have a repair manual to do this. I plug my truck in at night and it starts now problem warming up, but when I drive it to work I have a hard time getting it started in the cold evenings I have to keep turning the key on and then off like the glow plugs aren’t working properly. I would like to locate the ones on the truck and get them replaced to solve my problem any help is appreciated.
http://asavage.dyndns.org/Toyota_Diesel/Pic_09b.jpg The glow plugs are pictured here between the injectors and valve cover. With the flat silver bar connecting them. As for replacement Champion 149 or NGK 2187 should do the trick

Here's the manual. There is a download option.... PDF ONLINE - TOYOTA L 2L 2L-T ENGINE WORKSHOP SERVICE REPAIR MANUAL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom