For Sale '84 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just wrote a novel responding to a Wanted ad and realized I accomplished the task of writing my For Sale ad in the process. Cutting and pasting from that one...

Not quite done yet, but am going to be putting this one up. Bought without an engine from a guy in Iowa who had done a full resto of this TX truck about 12 yrs ago. Unfortunately didn't seat the distributor correctly and the oil pump didn't go round 'n round, causing the engine to meet an early death. I pulled a 2F from a friend's well-running '85 FJ60 with 138K miles. The truck and tranny have a little over 120K. The prior owner put in the SOR carpet kit and went the extra distance to do sound deadening and an insulated headliner. The interior is really nice.

I had to replace a door and the tailgate hatch due to rust after sitting for about 10 yrs behind his house, under a lean-to structure. Everything else was very clean. I had them respray most of the truck to enable a good match. It's a dark green ("flops" to almost black depending on the viewing angle) from a 93 FJ80 color. Put new weatherstrips on the doors.

The engine has been desmogged. New Weber 38, header, new non-US distributor, new water pump, all new hoses. New clutch master and slave. New Optima Red battery. New starter. New rear main seal. New oil pan. New front brake calipers and pads. New exhaust going on next week. Yes, I spent some money on this and a couple hundred hours of time. Runs really well... way more HP and torque than stock. I can merge into highway traffic with ease.

Still needs springs (pretty flat), but I am probably going to let the next guy do them. If I go stock, the guys wanting a lift aren't happy. If I do a lift, the guys wanting stock height won't buy it. Have been down this road before so I learned to leave the final mods for the next guy.

The truck has not seen a winter in a road salting state. The frame is solid and only has surface rust. I need to get underneath and pressure wash everything, then get pics. If I were keeping it I'd get under there and brush it all up and do some frame paint to preserve it further.

Needs a few small details - radio and speakers, fix the rear hatch lock, some of the smaller trim pieces were bent when removing, so not reinstalled. Parking brake may need repair and parts (haven't gotten to it yet).

I am selling because I recently joined a non-profit as a board member and am spending my free time (and money) supporting a wounded warrior type program. Camp Ryan Adams... check out our site and feel free to donate! I bought a camper and pickup for the work I do with the camp (guiding deer hunts for disabled folks), hence need to move the Cruiser out to pay for it all. Sold my 87 a few weeks ago as well.

After I finish exhaust and a few small details, I'll put it up for $12K. If someone wanted to take it from here and relieve me of the final detail work, I'd be happy to do the deal for $10K (would include the new exhaust still... the current is the original... not so good). I'd be willing to deliver within a reasonable distance... maybe halfway? I have access to a car hauler and don't mind driving a bit.

It's ready to drive right now. I've already been out playing. Turning some heads with the fresh paint. I intend to drive it a few hundred more miles to make sure everything is in order. The gas tank still had fuel in it when I brought it home (imagine what it looked and smelled like after 10 yrs!). I drained it and am running through a couple tanks of fresh 91 octane to make sure it's flushed out entirely.

Photos: http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/Lillopad/story

If interested, shoot me an email at Lillopad@gmail.com

Thanks for reading my novel!

Kevin

If I am successful selling this for the asking price of $10K, $500 of that will go to Camp Ryan Adams in the name of the buyer. Besides being tax deductible (small benefit), it's a great way to support our troops in a very direct and meaningful way (huge benefit). We have a group of combat medics coming in for camping and fishing in mid-August, and I have committed to raising funds to cover their travel expenses. This $500 would be enough to cover the airline fee for one of the guys.

I can't begin to tell you how powerful this program is for these guys. We have been told we recently turned a guy back from suicide after spending time at our camp. It's entirely free for the vets. As an organization, we are 100% pass-through... no one makes a red cent.

If anyone reading this wants to help (even a few bucks makes a big difference), contact me directly at Lillopad@gmail.com

Thanks again...

Kevin

Love the green.

Kevin does excellent work, I have the 87 that he was working on. It was everything I expected, especially since it was my first one.
IMG_3575.JPG

New exhaust is in the '84. Knocking off some To-Do's from the list this weekend.

Thanks for the nice comments Chocolyle. Glad it's working well for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom