For Sale 84 FJ60 V8 350LT1 with splitter, TX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Manufactured December 1983

VIN# JT3FJ60G5E0093696

230,000 miles

V8 conversion - 1994 Chevrolet LT1 engine (Camaro engine).
5.7L (350 cu in) 275 horsepower and 325 lb. ft. torque installed at 154,000 miles
Baily Engineering LS1 (LTCC) coil conversion.

K/N filter.

Toyota H41 Transmission (1st 4.925, 2nd 2.643, 3rd 1.519 4th 1, Rev 4.925)

Ranger Range Splitter (27% overdrive). 16 forward gears, 4 reverse gears.

38 Gallon Man-A-Fre fuel tank.

3” custom exhaust with FlowMaster muffler.

Old Man Emu leaf springs (medium duty) installed at 222,000 miles. 3” lift.

Rancho RS9000 shocks with in-cab control (for the front). Rear shocks have manual controls.

Ramsey REP 8000 winch with steel cable.

Kennesaw Mountain Accessories bumpers, rear bumper has swing-away spare tire carrier and ammo box for storage, Con-Ferr roof rack and custom side steps.

New braided steel brake lines installed 6 months ago.

Front U joints replaced 300 miles ago

33” Yokohama Geolandar A/T + II 33X12.50/R15 tires. 75% tread left, spare is brand new and never been on the road. Black Unique rims with black lug nuts.

A/C works great as does the heater, including the rear heater.

Tinted windows.

Kicker speakers in the rear and 5” Kicker speakers in the front. needs a new headset as my kids lost the face plate for the old one.

Aftermarket, front driver’s seat with lumbar and headrest. The rest of the interior is original.

Clutch is about 9 years old with around 20,000 miles on it.

Fuel pump, clutch slave cylinder and rebuilt starter all less 5 years old, less than 10,000 miles.

I have complete documentation from the conversion and many other records. Some spare parts, mostly cosmetic pieces.

Only concerns that I would address if I planned to keep it
1. Cracked windshield should be replaced eventually. Dash is cracked, but still looks good.
2. Rubbing sound from drivers side when making high speed left turns. I've tried to figure this out, but haven't made any head way.
3. Radio head unit needs replacing.
4. drivers side window crank should be rebuilt.

Asking $8,000.

I bought this over a year ago and have been using it as my daily driver. I'm only selling as I now have 3 kids, and no where to put them all! I'm willing to negotiate for a 100 series with a third row installed.

PM me for more info. More pics to follow.

Pics from PO

Pics from PO 1 year ago. More to come.

Landcruiser.jpg

Rear.jpg

Engine bay.jpg

Location is Ft. Worth,TX.

I had a similar rig (82 FJ60 with a 200 horse TBI and Ranger overdrive). It was a great all purpose/ wheeling/ camping/ expedition/ look cool driving to work rig. I am 6'1 and I could sleep in the back no problem. This truck looks much nicer and more powerful with some $$$ parts. In fact, it has all the things that I "would have done" if I kept the truck. 60 series trucks really wake up with a v8 and are good on the highway. With the Ranger Overdrive, I drove mine from California to Texas at 75 mph no prob. Somebody wanting an all around 60 series should add up the costs of the v8 conversion, Ranger Overdrive, H41, and lift. No affiliation with the seller, just a former owner of a V8J60.

Awesome truck, if I didn't have one I'd be on it. Looks like a great deal!

Nope, that one says it has lockers and an arb bull bar. For some reason I can't see the pictures though.

Worst spots

I tried to capture all of the worst parts of the truck.

If all the smog crag from the camero engine is there it should. I had a 85 fj60 with a 88 v8 and smog tests were pretty simple. They just loaded up the data of a 88 and tested to that spec. But I never did the first test so that could be fun.

Cheers

No idea. The truck was Converted to a V8 in California though which seems like a good sign.

Mine had a sticker on the inner door jam that said smog info. Something like 88 Chevy ca smog. FYI

That is a great deal on a very clean looking truck. It's what I want mine to be when I am done.

I am already well past your $8,000 price in my truck.

Good luck with the sale, and I am glad you are not closer. I don't have room for two cruisers, I would have to add on to my garage.

Thanks for the compliments. She's been a great truck so far.
I forgot to mention that the front axle was rebuilt/replaced around 300 miles ago while I was trying to figure out the rubbing noise mentioned in the original post.
Also, She has never leaked any fluids on my driveway.

If you still have this when I sell my 95 Dodge Cummins, I will give you a call.
Wanna trade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom