‘84 FJ60 desmog (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know this is random, but would any of y’all be willing to help me desmog my 60? My truck has been off the road for almost a year after the old carb gave out. Between trying to fix it myself, it spending months at an unscrupulous mechanic’s shop after I failed, and losing brakes, I’m really missing it.

I finally received my Fuji desmog carb from CityRacer and my idler pulley kit from Man-A-Fre.

I’m a MUD noob but I remember at the last ONSC meet I attended there were a couple of guys there who recommended I post here to seek help.

I’m in central/west-ish North Carolina and I would obviously offer to pay whoever helps. Thank you!!
E0D95FC9-568B-4800-83BB-BF001E725420.jpeg

It's really easy to do with the desmog guide, have you read that document?

I did my 84 recently and became very familiar with the guide mentioned above. It is easy and enjoyable.....once you get the dizzy back the correct way on the third try! :rofl:
I would help you but I am estimating your a 6-8 hour drive from me.

Nice Rig!

I did my 84 recently and became very familiar with the guide mentioned above. It is easy and enjoyable.....once you get the dizzy back the correct way on the third try! :rofl:
I would help you but I am estimating your a 6-8 hour drive from me.

Nice Rig!
Thank you! It’s the thought that counts, right? 🙂

I read the instructions a couple times over a few months, then went for it when I was ready. It is easy if you don't get distracted with the old "fix it while your in there" thing. This forum is a wealth of information and expertise.

All that advice is spot on. I just did the exact same thing with the article mentioned above. It was really nice to get familiar with that part of the car.
My two cents to add is when taking off all those torn up hoses make a “relief cut” to allow them to come off easily. It seemed that all the plastic I broke were parts that are no longer available that fetch a hefty price tag.... then get new hoses from McMaster.

also when finished have someone that knows what he is doing come help fine tune the rig. @Miloslavich was incredibly helpful and generous in my learning process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom