This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got the 3rd member back from Georg and it’s great! Super quiet and safe now!
She’s tucked away with fresh oil and fill/drain plugs!
Thanks @orangefj45!

47AB60F2-D206-41A1-89B9-81F10D9387DC.jpeg

Got into this carb, cleaned & rebuilt the whole thing got all the linkage figured out, got her mounted up, figured out all the vacuum routing again and can’t get a good idle + dies when rolling to a stop sign due to vacuum leaks at the base.
Good news is that my mid-range flat spot above 2500 rpm is gone.
We checked the intake for cracks and did find a hairline in the base of the manifold where folks report to find them.
Contemplating next steps, Tom wants to attempt some RTV at the base, I’m not opposed. Not sure if the hairline crack is impacting us yet but it will need to be addressed at some point…
What do you guys think, have a machine shop weld it or try to source a replacement?
Also curious about feeling RE: gasket sealer at the carb base, I’ve now read that the gaskets at the isolator are supposedly not necessary if the surfaces are perfect but…. This is an old unit, I can’t imagine they are perfect…

here’s a before pic of the carb.

C3025090-6882-4B61-9CE3-9C1EAEA07F1C.jpeg

I got the 3rd member back from Georg and it’s great! Super quiet and safe now!
She’s tucked away with fresh oil and fill/drain plugs!
Thanks @orangefj45!

View attachment 2728751
Thanks again for bringing the diff to us to have your work done!!!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids, Cruiser Brothers & Long Range America

PXL_20220108_004727615.MP.jpg
PXL_20220108_004658611.MP.jpg

Got the unit back from the body shop! My guy fixed all of the concerning rust + major dents/wrinkles + most of the little dents and dings! We left the windshield loose so I can get my new headliner in.

Since I kinda like some the patina we didn't do a full "restoration" and he used a couple cans of color matched Toyota 033 rattle can I had purchased and to our surprise it matched almost flawlessly!

Progress update on the interior!
Almost done w the seats, ran out of hog rings so the driver side will get wrapped up in a few days!

PXL_20220122_162002204.MP.jpg

Got most of the seats and the carpet mostly in, need to trim the edges and install the little channel along the door openings etc.

PXL_20220124_020144989.jpg

Tuffy box is in too! Makes a huge difference having the arm rest! Need to get a couple of spacers for the rear mount. Also, the cup holder mounting holes are about a half inch low, I was thinking about putting the cupholder on the back but I'm now thinking the rear seat would probably hit it - I guess I need to pop some new holes in the front!

I didn't realize untill yesterday that my box has the DIN slot, I've been trying to figure out my stereo plan and didn't want to have some new looking stereo in the dash so this may work out perfect to have it hidden in the box and just add a DIN pocket in the dash!

Was test fitting the floor mats, realized I had the captains mat on the drinker side sometime later... Can't wait to get rid of the purple tint also!

PXL_20220124_001539970.MP.jpg

Driver's side front tcase shifter boot bolt note, somehow it was the easiest going back in of the four, I had the other three in and snug so maybe it was just lined up perfectly.

Dogs are helping by converting large chunks of leftover foam into more manageable small chunks.

PXL_20220123_192756011.MP.jpg

Didn't know my captains side had the squishy mod, was able to track down a welder on a Saturday and got this fixed!

IMG_20220122_122101_01.jpg

GF testing out the co-pilot seat w/updated foam and cover!

PXL_20220122_023938474.MP.jpg

Very productive weekend!

Immediate next projects: I'll finish the driver's seat, trim the carpet etc., get started on the headliner (little nervous about this one) and then start putting it back together the rest of the way and get a new windshield!

Stoked to actually start driving this thing soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom