83320-60041 1968-6/80 FJ55 GAS Fuel Tank Sending Unit Lives Once Again in 100% TOYOTA Genuine Parts KIT Format Plug Play Screws Gasket Wire Sub Harnes (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The backs looks the same as mine - only difference I see is on the front of the temp gauge - the marks are slightly different.
And yes- the tank was full to half way up the filler neck.
“Mystery box” is called a Instrument cluster voltage limiter…

@gonzopancho

@65swb45

I just got finished Shooting a LIVE REAL TIME TECH. Video with and using the above 1/69 Cluster Meter and my 100% NON-USA TOYOTA Genuine Parts

83320-60041-R
The TOYOTA traditional way by hand with pride and attn. to period correct details and Factory Focus Point Mind Set Approach Applied every

single step of the way ............

- its rendering now as we speak , so stay tuned to see FJ55 1968-8/80
ALL Global Destination Markets Applications FJ55 / FJ56 12v Volts History being made

LIVE From The Rising Sun Mechanical Skunk Works On-Site Laboratory and Concept Visionary Studio ........ :)

1620020223004 - Copy1.png

mega_watermark_53379697 - Copy - Copy111 - Copy1.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

download (11).jpg

I installed the Toyota Matt FJ55 fuel sending unit in my June 1969 pig this weekend and it works great! When full the meter goes right up to the F line and when empty just below the E line. My original unit had no ground wire but I found the new unit needed it to register correctly. For the first time ever I have a working fuel gauge!!! Very nice that he includes a new gasket, screws, heat shrink connectors, and long enough wire to run to a ground. Thanks Matt!!

My original fuel sending unit wasn’t working and I tried to buy a FJ40 fuel sending unit, and cut off the arm/float of that one and welded in the arm/float from the old unit. The gauge only “worked” between 1/4 and 1/2 so that was a fail. Then I came across Matt’s unit so bought it immediately. The picture below is of Matt’s unit, the combined FJ40 unit, and the pieces of my original.

A8D21464-8588-4E80-BC9E-93AB4E86B3FF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom