83 FJ60 New Owner.. story (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here it is after many months of repairs and misc. stuff.
I found this in a local car paper. tried to forget about it but eventually went to see it. 71,000 orig miles. it was a farm truck mostly used for plowing as far as I can tell. It looked like hell when i first went to see it at this local garage : Over The Edge Automotive LLC in connecticut Jim Mank the manager really hooked me up on this truck.

it needed a back tailgate window, power steering pump, steering work, exhaust work, Plow removed, rims, tires. the paint was terrible and it stank like hell inside from water getting in the back window. the guy was asking $1,000 for the truck I couldn't resist. after a few slow months of paying it off and about $1,000 of work I finally brought it home. I'm hooked I love this truck its running fantastic and drives great. It far exceeds my expectations. I've got a million questions so you'll be hearing plenty from me. thanks in advance this site is awesome.
LCfront2-09.jpg
LCside2-09.jpg

Let me be the first to truly welcome you to mud.
Welcome! :flipoff2:, alright now that thats done. Great looking truck, like the color as well. This site has relaly helped me out with my truck, and I know it will help you.

-Carl

It seem to have a little charactor already , Enjoy it !!
I have been impressed by mine aswell .. This site is an addiction that will feed it all !!!:DNew tires and wheels already , NICE !!

Welcome to the club! I've had mine for almost a month now. I have been wearing this site, if that is possible!

More Cruiser addicts!! :bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:
I'm a year into my happy addiction, and no way I'll kick it. :grinpimp:

-Carl

With those stupid low miles, you got a steal! Any rust?

When those tires wear out, you'll likely want to put 31" or 33" on there. They look silly small right now (are those 29s?).

I'll bet you need to rip out all the carpet, if it was a farm truck.

A nice buff and that paint might come back to life. The Freeborn Red oxidizes badly, more than any other color as far as I am aware.

With a relatively rust free rig with such low miles, you have a lot of truck to start with to modify, customize and personalize...

Congrats and welcome!

rust is not too bad on this thing back fenders a bit . frame is solid no rust thats a problem. thinking of using por 15 or something similar on the underside.
minor exhaust leak up front somewhere seems like its coming from the manifold like some emissions part . I haven't really scoped it out yet. needs a driver seat the rest of the seats are in great shape. that engine is something else huge fan runs really cool, amazing. It might need a slave cylinder not sue yet

Like the red 83

Can't hardly wait to get the "El Tractor" replacement the "El Tractor Azul" next week!!:bounce::bounce2:

Sweet truck and for a thousand bucks thats awesome welcome to the addiction hope you have deep pockets because the after market list is endless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom