83 fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up 83 FJ 40 I was wondering if any body has any info on what a stock dash, interior, exterior should look like. I am not going to build a trailer queen just a clean driver. Any help would be great. I will post picks of what I am starting with.
Thanks Bill

12/82 USA 40 series dash...
ADASH01.jpg

does it not have a interior or dash.
it should look like any 40 of the 1978-84,the 83/4 should have P/S ,side window defroster mounted on the dash ends,gauges same as any 40,same seats front and back as all 78and up models,5spd if you are lucky,mine is a BJ so pis won't help much since my dash has glow plug light and sediment light.

The 12/82 40 series truck:
A83tantruck.jpg

Nice rig, never should of sold my blue 1984 BJ42.

Rob

I will post pics of what I have tomorrow. There is alot to the truck but there is alot missing also. It was okeyfied by previous owners. lots of half ass stuff done to rig. But it has power steering should have A/C but dash was partly disasmbled and painted with a spray can. I will post pics for your laughing pleasure.

it should look like any 40 of the 1978-84,

Look at poser's dash it is different his first post

Like this...

83 or so...
40 005.jpg
40 001.jpg
40 003.jpg

is the 83 dash where the clock and all the switches easily possible to put into a 1/75? like that alot better than the plainess on my 75.

is the 83 dash where the clock and all the switches easily possible to put into a 1/75? like that alot better than the plainess on my 75.

The two dash configurations could not be further from opposite. It would take some serious fabrication skills to make it look clean, and besides, where are you going to get the left hand drive donor parts from? This was only available in 1983/84 in the USA.

Also, that clock is OEM, but was not sold in the North American market.

:meh:

84 FJ40 EUR Dash

attachment.php

Mustard button lower-right & 2 lights under AMP meter not OEM.

AM Radio is OEM.

EUR market didn't get Fasten Seat Belt idiot lights, and choke knob is slightly different.

Clock is out of a 92 FJ62 fitted as shown here

I happen to have a dash piece like this + all switches (from BJ42) if anyone is looking (see above thread for example).

Thanks for all the replys 83/84 are pretty unique when it comes to the dash/center console

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom