83 FJ40 with factory A/C and PS radiator needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserfien

Black Sheep Cruisers!!
Threads
Website
www.integra.mortgage
I am having difficulty locating a new radiator for my 83 fj40 with factory a/c and ps. Apparently it is a different dimension than the ones without these factory options. Do you have any idea where I may be able to locate ? I am ok going with a aluminum one as well.

Good luck fining one in the US, and if you do, you will pay $$$ for it. They are available from sellers in the Middle East, who advertise on Instagram, but also $$$. I have sucessfully repaired pin hole leaks in my stock one twice with JB Weld. If it ever fails spectacularly, I will get it re-cored by my local radiator shop. If you find something aftermarket off the shelf in the near identical dimensions please let us know. I'm sure one of the aftermarket aluminum radiator manufacturers would make one to stock size, but also going to be $$$.

I tried mounting a "regular 40" radiator and bracket when I pulled out my stock AC and put in Vintage Air. Nothing lines up, and it was less work for me to make a custom condenser bracket for my stock radiator than try and make the "regular 40" one work.

a good rad shop can re-core your existing unit.
IIRCC, the A/C rad is aprox 3" wider and it as all on the passenger side.

Same radiator as yours, I ended up getting a recore. It was expensive but I had no other options paid $650 for the service late in 2022.

Thanks guys. I sent a email to Radiatornow.com and the reply was that this will fit SKU CSF2708 $380.99. I am gonna verify the measurements before ordering

Thanks guys. I sent a email to Radiatornow.com and the reply was that this will fit SKU CSF2708 $380.99. I am gonna verify the measurements before ordering

that sure looks like a 60 series rad in the pics, very different than the 40 series with A/C rad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom