83 fj 60 2f carb problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i rebuilt my carb and it runs great sitting still but under full throttle i never see the secondary valve open its hooked to the diaphragm on one side and the other side with the linkages moves with the other linkages just a lil like it should, so i assume the diaphragm is supposed to pull up to open the secondary the rest of the way under full throttle i never see this happen and when i drive it down the road it has no power and bogs under acceleration i think this is because the diaphragm is not opening the secondary if this is how it works. or do u have to be moving down the road to create enough vacuum to work the diaphragm and open the secondary in this case it could be working and i wouldn't kno it while driving which means i have another problem causing the no power and bogging advice please !!!!!

you can do what is called the "paper clip" test. you put a paper clip on the secondary diaphragm linkage, tight up against the diaphragm housing. Then go drive the truck and put it under load to get the secondary to open. Check the paper clip. If it has been pushed down the linkage, by the secondary pulling in, then you know the diaphragm is moving the linkage. If the paper clip doesn't move, then it most likely means that the diaphragm is ruptured or it is not connected properly to the vacuum port (using the cork o-ring).

its a new diaphragm i dont think its torn where does the cork o ring go?

so the secondary wont open while reving the motor sitting still?

and do u kno where i can see a pic of how the accelerator rod locks in to the bracket on the carb mine keeps pullin out i dont understand how the pin would keep it in ?

and do u kno where i can see a pic of how the accelerator rod locks in to the bracket on the carb mine keeps pullin out i dont understand how the pin would keep it in ?

Pics?

never-mind got the accelerator linkage all hooked up right i was putting the pin in the wrong spot and i found out that my front brakes are holding that's probably got a lot to do with it being so sluggish but i tried putting a paper clip on the diaphragm although all i had was a big paper clip it did not move so tomorrow i will try with a small paper clip the big one was lose fitting and its possible the rod slid through it goin down the road with the bakes holdin creats a load and if i floor it it feels as though its getting i lil something extra so im hoping that the diaphragm is working and the only thing holdin it back is the brakes

never-mind got the accelerator linkage all hooked up right i was putting the pin in the wrong spot and i found out that my front brakes are holding that's probably got a lot to do with it being so sluggish but i tried putting a paper clip on the diaphragm although all i had was a big paper clip it did not move so tomorrow i will try with a small paper clip the big one was lose fitting and its possible the rod slid through it goin down the road with the bakes holdin creats a load and if i floor it it feels as though its getting i lil something extra so im hoping that the diaphragm is working and the only thing holdin it back is the brakes

I hate txt'rs.... :mad:

I guess punctuation is obsolete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom