Parting Out '83 BJ60 no drivetrain, ON, CAN. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MrMoMo

That's not rust, it's Canadian patina...
Threads
Doing a final strip before this one heads off to its unfortunate crushing, but pulling everything possible before it goes. This is not a complete truck as you can see, no drivetrain. Engine/trans is spoken for, axles are already gone.

Frame is rotted.

Body is fairly well rotted, but there are some OK areas if you need a bit chopped out. Rear side window lower lip is being removed to save another cruiser. Front fenders are better than some I have seen (and owned!), hood is slightly pushed in on the front.

Interior is mostly stripped now so parts are out. Dash is totally stripped and removed. I am not planning on saving any of the heater duct but it's all good, so if you want it speak up now! Dash top is in decent condition, only 1 small crack (not the massive one that is usually there)

Wire harness will be pulled, I am willing to clip sections or plugs of the body portion of needed. Door switches, dome light etc are out and wire harness plugs with them.

I have also parted an '84 and an '85 BJ60 so may have multiples of some parts.

Post up what you want, if I have it I'll post a pic - you decide if you want it. I'm not trying to get rich, I want to help save the ones that are still on the road, I don't have my 60 anymore.

Will try to slowly fill this up with pics of stuff I have pulled.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
How much for complete harness with all relays?

How much for complete harness with all relays?

Are you looking for the engine half, or the vehicle half, or both? I don't think the relays are there, but I'll take a look and see what I have. Parts of the vehicle harness have been cut (like door pins) and the left rear and right rear sections are cut off, but the dash portion is all there. Engine compartment harness should be all good, nothing was cut there.

Do u have power steering lines from any of your BJ60's? Thanks, Jim.
I think the lines were rotted and I left them on, but I might have some from the previous truck - I'll check and let you know.

I think the lines were rotted and I left them on, but I might have some from the previous truck - I'll check and let you know.
That would be great. Thanks, Jim

Looked for power steering lines - the ones on this truck were rotted - so they went with the truck. The ones in the last truck (which was my DD) had also been leaking, and I replaced them with hydraulic hose... I do have the hydraulic hoses - but no OEM
Hard lines...

Shoot me your price (or a PM) on the price and condition. It may be easier for me to do the same thing locally. Unfortunately the line was cut when someone removed the steering box. Thanks. Jim

Looking for a lower (non-rotted) tailgate ....any chance this one's decent on bottom hinge section ?
Will need shpmnt to upstate NY -thanks

Looking for a lower (non-rotted) tailgate ....any chance this one's decent on bottom hinge section ?
Will need shpmnt to upstate NY -thanks

Brown truck tailgate was shot, but I still have the one from my last truck - I'll take a look at it and see how the hinge area is.

Where are you in upstate NY?

Just below Watertown in 13433 zip.
Hey - sorry for the delay - I'll try to grab you some pics this weekend - Watertown is no issue - I head to Syracuse once in a while for work..

Sorry - EDIC is staying with the engine...

Do you have the stock stereo that still works?
Nope - stock stereo is long gone.

Do you have an AC compressor from it?
I wish! (Though I suspect you need it more than I do, very few diesel cruisers in Canada came with factory AC...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom