8274 ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got an 8274 and I want to know if anyone has ever stuck one in an 80 sereis arb bumper. I thought I had read that they don't fit, but, I've got an itch to do some fab work :D.

The ARB "commercial" bar is designed to fit the 8274

Check out the Hydraulic v. Electric thread from BMT here recently.

A commercial series ARB is made to fit the 8274. A non commercial ARB is designed to fit a low mount winch, be it warn, Milemarker, etc.

Having seen the two...if you want an 8274 get the commercial bumper; as the two designs are different as to the grille guard clearance for the upright winch as compared to the low mount winch.

-H-

I've already got my bar on and I am sure it's the non-commercial whinch bumper. I got from 4wheel parts, and I would bet it won't fit, nowever I am not afraid of hacking into it with the plasma, torch, or whatever if it'll be close. Iknow it's not a 12k pounder, but, it's already here (free).

I just went out and peeked at it, wife let me drive it today:), and, it looks like I do have the comm bar. It has all of the mounting holes on the face of it, none in the bottom, so I'm thinkin' bolt on! Just wish I didn't have to sell my 40 to get it :( .

I doubt that you got a commercial bar unless you specified one. They are few and far between in the US. They are also a bit narrower. Do your flares stick out past the bumper wings?

As Dan said, the commercial bar was designed for a cruiser without the flares so it is narrower. In addition it is deeper and has a notch for the 8274, due to the high mount design.

It is even with the flares, so it appears that I don't have the comm. bar :( .

Where is the notch? If it's only that center bar that is interfeering I'll cut it out.

Do you have any pics of the comm. bar?

The bar is actually even with the body. It almost looks a little funny. The notch is on the body of the bar itself just left of center to allow the vertical piece of the 8274 to clear the bar. Pictures...that would require one of those new fangled digital cameras...and the knowledge to put it on the web. Let me see what I can do.

Thanks BMT. I am starting to undastand. Cutting that notch in with a plasma shouldn't be too bad.

I would borrow a digital. They're much cheaper that way ::). It's worked for me so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom