8274 on a 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone do an 8274 on a 80? thoughts?

j

thought = search function

"Searching has been temporarily disabled due to high server loads."

Nice response

ARB makes a bumper for the 8274 but I believe it is a special order item. I think it's called a "commercial" bumper. Also, that winch would be a little under powered for an 80 IMHO.

Most people on this board go for the warn M12000 although Landtank installed a mile marker Hyd--pretty neat as you don't need to upgrade to a second battery.

SR.GRINGO said:
Most people on this board go for the warn M12000 although Landtank installed a mile marker Hyd--pretty neat as you don't need to upgrade to a second battery.

I just like how bullet proof the 8274 is. I would build the bumper.

j

listen, search was down. I'm sorry. Geez.

I got the commercial bumper, and am working on a deal right now to get a used 8274. I should be able to tell you how it is in about a month... if that's too long, then yea search around, but from what I've heard, there's nothing it cant tackle with a snach block.

8274 will work fine with out 80s. Thing is a beast. Mr. Bryan, keep me informed on your progress. I'd like to check out the commercial bumper in person since I've never actually seen one!

Ali

all,

I know it will work. (not my first time at the rodeo)
I should have been more clear in my posting, as I was really looking for fabrication ideas around the 8274, and peoples experience in fitting it.
an 8274 is more suited to my use by its reliability. It's the same as a m12000 on the wallet.

There is NO way I will ever buy an ARB bumper, as I can build something that has a better approach angle, more wing clearance, and is more functional, not to mention lighter, with more protection.

oh, and my site is back up for all of you to peruse at your leisure

I plan on using the 16.5.....so I guess doubling your output answers your question. I think youll have a hard time wearing out or breaking any warn winch, so that would not be my first choice. It takes too much effort to put it on an 80 IMO. But Im not that big of fan of that particular design....so there ya go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom