8274 bumper build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

E2770374-ACB2-4D5A-B358-E19A361450EC.jpeg

Are you running a Saginaw box for PS? I would love to know how tight the fit is between the box and winch is if you are. Also, what is the length across the top? I'm really liking the design.

Are you running a Saginaw box for PS? I would love to know how tight the fit is between the box and winch is if you are. Also, what is the length across the top? I'm really liking the design.
Yes. Saginaw. It is tight. I have to reroute one of the ps lines to give the clearance I need. That’s next on the list. I’ll post a pic when I mount the winch. The width between the two uprights is 15”.

Yes. Saginaw. It is tight. I have to reroute one of the ps lines to give the clearance I need. That’s next on the list. I’ll post a pic when I mount the winch. The width between the two uprights is 15”.

What is the overall length of the bumper? I really like the design, but I'm wanting to do C channel instead to help preserve my approach angle.

Congratulations. A really nice system!! I feel it is always more fun to build than buy, but I have access to great tools and skilled mentors too.

Doesn't look like you have the factory bumper gusset plates on. Will you be installing those or some other means to tie in to the top of the frame or just mount with 4 bolts?
I pulled The factory bumper mounts and bolt right into the frame rails. Much more solid IMHO and no visible fasteners on the bumper. Scroll back and I show some pics of it.

I pulled The factory bumper mounts and bolt right into the frame rails. Much more solid IMHO and no visible fasteners on the bumper. Scroll back and I show some pics of it.

I saw how it was mounted. You replaced the riveted on frame horns with heavy mounting plates inside the frame rails. I am talking about the flat plate gussets on top that tie into the top rail of the frame. Was just wondering if you had any plans for support in this plane.

96F91029-CF03-4A9D-B91E-C54A4AEEF0DC.jpeg

I saw how it was mounted. You replaced the riveted on frame horns with heavy mounting plates inside the frame rails. I am talking about the flat plate gussets on top that tie into the top rail of the frame. Was just wondering if you had any plans for support in this plane.

View attachment 2373906
Not planning on it. My ds frame rail is boxed for the ps box So it is very stout. If I have issues I’ll likely just box the pass side but don’t anticipate that being necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom