8274-50 + synthetic rope ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.homestead.com
OK... called Warn and talked to customer service.
Duh...... Warn doesn't have an answer. How 'bout you folks ?

Fabbed a nice mount for my brand new 8274-50 and mounted it on my CCOT HFS bumper. Ordered 3/8" (Amsteel Blue) synth rope from Rockstomper. Rope came with the terminal (for a bolt) end. Pulled all the wire cable off the drum and lo and behold, there is a big old (not threaded for a bolt) hole... approx 1/2". Normally the wire cable passes through this hole and is looped and fastened with a cable clamp.

Called Rockstomper to see what they suggested. (I had specified that the rope was for the 8274-50). Got a recording.... Rockstomper is closed 'till Tuesday.

Just wanted to hear your Ideas. I figger a big "figure 8" knot should take care of it since we are relying mainly on the first layer of wraps for friction. Or.. just use the cable clamp as originally configured for the wire cable.... may slip ?

What say.... how have you attached yours ? Warn is clueless.... of course they would have preferred I bought their $600+ synth rope, I'm sure !

Thanks,
John Sherwood
Charlotte, NC '79 FJ-40 TLCA Upstate Cruisers

I can't see why a big ole knot won't work just fine. or you could run a bolt(with washers and nuts) thru the eye(that the rope came with) as long as bolt is too big to get out the hole you would be fine......I would think.

or why not use a cable clamp? would think it would work OK.

I have a knot in mine...been there since I installed the rope....zero issues with it. Not even sure it's a Boy Scout approved knot, but it doesn't slide.

Yep - a knot works fine - I put a fender wahser over the rope also with smooth edges just to be safe before I tied the knot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom