82 troopy front drum cylinder rebuild??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I just got my truck back from a VI to get it insured and on the road and they said the front drum cylinders were leaking. thought that was no big deal but now Im having a helluva time finding a rebuild kit and new cylinders are like 500$ after shipping. aaand I have a new front axle with discs that I will be swapping in the next few months so spending $$ on brakes im throwing away doesn't sound fun. so Im wondering if ive just got bad info or if there are easily bought seal kits? this is the part number I got from FJparts : 04905-35042 but it seems too crazy that this cup set is this rare. any advice would be awesome as this is the last thing keeping me from insuring the truck!

why not just swap the disc setup on now?

why not just swap the disc setup on now?
Because it is on vancouver island which is a 200$ bill to visit. So I would like to go there for a tour and pick it up at the same time. and I need the larger truck to do this. once I have it id like to completely rebuild it, paint it... and I don't want to rush it either. so in the mean time id like to drive my truck for the next 3-4 months that it will realistically take me to complete this axle.

you bought a rare car in your part of the woods

Look in UAE or Australia for these parts

Terrain Tamer in Aus should be able to sell you some. Check em out!

Thanks, might have found a kit with cruiserteq actually. waiting to hear back but fingers crossed. cant wait to throw this drum business in the trash.

Amayama shows this as a cup kit for the front on an 82 with drums brakes. 04905-

Seller on eBay has them.

Correction precious part number was for a FJ40. The one listed now is for a 81/82 HJ47RP.

Last edited:
its was out of stock on ebay last i checked but ill check again. think i got the right ones now though from cruiserteq.

try this i use megazip for all my new genuine stuff, fast shipping i have used countless times, uses factory vin to find your truck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom