For Sale '82 fj60 Cummins 6AT powered with nv4500 and soo much more (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sadly, Thinking of selling my cummins 6at powered FJ60. Location is Bend Oregon I'm thinking $10k for an asking price. I'll try and get Pic's up soon or email me for a faster responce or call me @ 541 408 4721

What is has: SALE PENDING

Mods;
Diesel Conversion cummins/onan 6AT turbo, 1st generation NV 4500 5speed trany mated to stock FJ60 transfer case via Advanced adapters.
Geared with 5:29 Ring and Pinion
Suspention Lift is costom 3.5inches over stock (SUA) with Extended Anti Inversion shackles, U bolt skid plates,
Extended front shock towers with bilstine Gas shocks,
ARB snorkle provides fresh air from high above to the K&N Air Filter & intake box.
GOODYEAR MTR 33x12.5 tires keep it connected to the ground @50% or better.
ARB Front Bumper,
Lighting; Head lights are high output (4H) "off road only" Bulbs and housing by Rising Sun.
IPF dualstage Fog and Driving Lights,
OEM Toyota (4H) Flood lights Imported from japan.
Two, YellowTop batteries and one huge alternator keep things charged.
Hydro-Boost braking system stops the 5200lb rig on a dime when needed with sloted DBA rotors and Pads.
Front Seats are Recaro buckets from a bmw. Drivers side needs work.
Side Mirrors are manual FJ62 style.
Rear slider windows, tinted with screens from SOR
High voltage plug in, aux. water heater for cold weather starting. warms up the block in 10Min. Zero degree tested or better
Custom stereo, JM Focal Mid and Tweeters in front doors, Built in 8" sub in the back, drivers cargo area, 2AMPS, 6ix chanels
1200 watt power inverter under back seat
Tuffy Center console with two cup holders and keys

The bad news
paint is fading, now dull blue. some white showing on the roof
a little rust in the rear fender wells showing up. don't know how as i bought it in Az and now in central Oregon No Salt used
windshield has some spidering high up on the drivers side under sunvisor.
power steering box leaks but i do have a replacment box for it ready for install
tie rod ends need replacing and possibly the steering damper also.
A few SMALL dings in the body.

Last edited:
currently titled as a gaser. i could probable change that if it makes a Dif.

It was geared to pull 35's but the current configuration works just fine. 20mpg at 65mph average but does much better in town or off road.

Last edited:
Nice rig, Have driven it and it sold me on a diesel conversion (someday, really!). Following this rig was total diesel-envy-torture.. . Conversion was well done. The 6AT is an indirect injected motor and handles the higher rpms.
Oregon title has a little box on it that can be checked next time the title is changed and worse they will do is a visual inspection to make sure.

I can easly change it and will do so if i have a solid buyer.

Thanks for your words Kief. Hope all's well. Hope to see you and the Fam. at Mcgrew this year. I'll hopping to bring my boy this year Not sure what i'll be driving though. Ugg..

Last edited:
Bump. No takers??

pics?

Working on Pic's. Thanks

Price ajusted to $12k thanks!

do you have pics of how you fit the airbox and snorkel, i have a similar setup but only one battery and would like to move the k& box and run a snorkle

Photo's

I uploaded some photo's to my galery but how do I link them?? Thanks

many More photo's to come.

Pic's
DSCN2810.jpg
DSCN2833.jpg
DSCN2980.jpg

Still f/s Ajusted price to $10k due to paint and such.

What is the URL of your gallery? I would like to look at some more pictures - especially of the engine bay. How bad are the tie rod ends? Still steerable at freeway speed?

What kind of power do you get with the 6AT, could it comfortably tow a 20 foot camper? What was the engine from and how many miles does it have on it? Very nice rig. Any pics of the interior, especially the rear cargo area?

re

What is the URL of your gallery? I would like to look at some more pictures - especially of the engine bay. How bad are the tie rod ends? Still steerable at freeway speed?

It is streetable at hiway speeds but does have some slop in the middle.

I'll work on some interior Pic's. I don't think it's strong enough for a 20 foot trailer.
The engine was rebuilt when i got it so i'll guessing I've put 15K on it after install.
DSCN3225.jpg

Last edited:
eng. Pic's

More Pic's
DSCN3226.jpg
DSCN3227.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom