82' FJ45 Troopy A/C (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good evening all. I purchased this truck and it came with non-working A/C. I believe it's OEM. The dash control switch I'm unsure about. When I pulled it out, it wasn't hooked up to anything, and the wiring behind it was a mess.
So, my question is. Is this an original A/C rotary knob (dual: temp adjustment and 3 position) or after market? I've attempted to find A/C schematics and/or pictures of this type of switch, to no avail. Any assistance would be appreciated.
I'll worry about getting the A/C compressor working later, as the re-wire project takes precedence currently.
AC knob front.jpg
AC knob back.jpg

Wasn't under the glove box. But attached to the heater unit. Don't mind the wiring mess.

IMG_20210701_205541998.jpg

That is Dealer installed aftermarket. Not OEM. Closest and possible replacement is :

they have the 40 kit, runs 1300 with the compressor. I have seen their kit in quite a few cars down here, looks good and runs nice and cold. They are about 90 minutes south of me.

What you have is aftermarket. The picture of the vent on top of the heater is just that a vent. The duct between the heater blower and heater core is where the evaporator and blower are. I gabbed a duct like this off a 84 HJ47RV from Australia. I didn't get the duct/evaporator/blower I don't remember the control being there as I would have gabbed it since I have a LHD version of these evaporator missing the switch and thermostat.

Cool. Well not so much.
Anywho, thanks for the info. I'll consult someone local that is more clue full than I in these matters and look at the link from SlapSmak above.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom