‘82 FJ40 wiring question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The PO added a cutoff switch under the fender and now I want to remove it and put it back to stock. The issue is I don’t know what the white wire is that hooks up to it is? Attached are 2 photos where it ties into the factory connectors.
12D87E18-B50D-4DB0-82C5-B9C1576A4FEC.jpeg
F37EBC86-EB3F-4D9E-8F59-57DC2BE258B1.jpeg

is that just a master switch on the positive side?
the single wire plus the battery lead should just be hooked up to the positive on the battery.
the single wire feeding into the 2 wires, either the single wire or the short 2 wire jumper should be fusible links

the single wire plus the battery lead should just be hooked up to the positive on the battery.
the single wire feeding into the 2 wires, either the single wire or the short 2 wire jumper should be fusible links
All of what @3_puppies said. The single white wire should be a fusible link and I believe @Coolerman or @ToyotaMatt has them available with the OEM connector to plug into the connector with the two wires coming out of and going to two separate fuse holders.

All of what @3_puppies said. The single white wire should be a fusible link and I believe @Coolerman or @ToyotaMatt has them available with the OEM connector to plug into the connector with the two wires coming out of and going to two separate fuse holders.
The PO added a cutoff switch under the fender and now I want to remove it and put it back to stock. The issue is I don’t know what the white wire is that hooks up to it is? Attached are 2 photos where it ties into the factory connectors. View attachment 2536791View attachment 2536792

This is a real TSB technical service bulletin , i swiped from a service adviser's 3-ring when u was like 23 years old working at dealership level

i swear i did not make it myself 🤣

but never the less it;'s 100% OEM Factory , printed and distrubuted by TOYOTA Material Handling back in the day , Print Media TECH here in well............................40 series TECH.

inline Fuse Poster.jpg

forkliftlogo.jpg

Thanks for the info. I am going to be looking more closely to the wiring diagram and try to figure out how to put it back to original. Lets say that I am a solid C student when it comes to wiring. I am a bit slow.

Thanks for the info. I am going to be looking more closely to the wiring diagram and try to figure out how to put it back to original. Lets say that I am a solid C student when it comes to wiring. I am a bit slow.

you can do it

just get the propper FSM EWD and your set to go !

paper print media is the best

stay away from the online PDF monkey business .............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom