For Sale 82 FJ40 on CL (NC) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Outside Link
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/gastonia-1982-toyota-fj40-land-criser/7270680965.html
No affiliation

$45000

00303_4KigpoqcmUgz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

1982 FJ40. This is a US model, NOT IMPORTED. There were only 3,088 of these imported to the US in 1982. I am the 3rd owner, the original owner had it for 35 years, then sold it to a dealer who held it in his collection. It has the original interior except for the front seats, radio (I installed a BT radio) and center counsel (I have the original one). The bottom tub was replaced about 10 years ago to an aluminum one, no rust anywhere on this vehicle. The front brush guard and wench have were installed over 30 years ago. The wench works. The 4 wheel drive works perfectly. It has a 3:70 rear end, so it will do 75mph with no problem. The odometer works sometimes. From records, I estimate the mileage is around 160,000. The engine is original. It has a Holley 2 barrel carb. It does have some small engine leaks, but nothing serious. After all, it is 39 years old and original! It has BFG All Terrain 31" tires. I am not looking for joy riders. Serious offers only. Appointment to see it as well. I know what the market is for these, I spent 3 years looking for this one. Certified check only.

interesting, it has flares on the driver side front and rear and none on the passenger side.
wondering what the extra bolts are for on both rear quarters?

Hard to know if flares were removed or added. Pics are confusing. Looks like it is in good shape.

Needs some love to sort her out! - Body work and complete repaint would do the trick! Hard to say what color it was originally by the five photos. Cannot see the interior well enough to tell. Looks like it's black inside. Much to discover here and priced with exuberance. :)

Looks to have a lot of bondo (can't see body gaps at b pillar) and something going on with how the tub is mounted at the a pillar, causing door gaps - but might just be the photos? Had a 79 that was near perfect except for frame and rust around the seat bases/rear quarters - understand it's common, so if this one is similar and prices accordingly would still be a good deal.

Looks to have a lot of bondo (can't see body gaps at b pillar) and something going on with how the tub is mounted at the a pillar, causing door gaps - but might just be the photos? Had a 79 that was near perfect except for frame and rust around the seat bases/rear quarters - understand it's common, so if this one is similar and prices accordingly would still be a good deal.

it's stated in the text it has an aluminum bottom tub? most likely issue is where the 2 are joined together

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom