82 BJ60 For Sale South of Nanaimo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AJAEbj42

Gathering Speed....
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.ajae.ca
Hi VI Cruisers,

I was working in Nanaimo today and browsed Craigslist for landcruisers (always a fun thing to do).

Anyhow, not sure if anyone is interested, I looked at this 1982 BJ60 for sale just south of Nanaimo at 2769 Mclean Road (just off Nanaimo River Road). Owner is asking $900.

It's registered in Alberta (unfortunately) and I heard it run but not licensed now; fired right up and very little smoke; 388k on the odometer. 3B 12V (started with one battery), 4spd. The rust is really bad on the rear gate/lift, but for the price, it's not bad everywhere else! Interior is decent. 60/40 bench up front with drivers side having a big rip. Windshield has crack.

Too bad for the Alberta registry; one could spend a lot of coin to get it to pass inspection.

Apologies for the poor pictures; only had my phone camera.

Owner's name is Rachel 250-714-2029. She isn't a cruiser head. She bought it for $2000 last summer. It's parked at her parent's place, so serious inquiries only as she's not too keen to go out there for tire kickers.:meh:

Craigslist: 1982 toyota landcruiser 4x4
IMG00031.jpg
IMG00032.jpg
IMG00033.jpg

If I had a place to put it I'd buy it for the drivetrain.

well... i need body parts off it...
you could keep the drivetrain

yea i am really shooting myself in the foot for not having it, but i did drive:steer: it for 10k on the highway, but it got way to sckechy, the starter kept kicking in and out, and no rear brakes, plus the fact of the mater that it was not insured... :doh:
so then i just called a tow truck and it cost about 300$

ya... for reference (don't ask how I know this) but you have to have bcaa or the upgrade to the highest level for at least 2 days before you can tow a vehicle for 320 km for free... twice a year and 4 other tows... about 200km each I beleive.... i usualy use up all of my tows every year

haha what good is a membership if you don't use it... besides... think of of it this way... its cheeper for me to buy a membership and get my truck towed to courtenay then pay for the gas!

LOL... never thought of it that way. You could get drunk and call BCAA, they tow your truck and you get a ride home too!:hillbilly::hillbilly::beer:

you sure your not from Cumberland???

Oh ya, in Cumberland they just drive their ride-on lawnmower to the pub...

I'm glad someone bought the old girl!

This is a funny thread, LOL:clap:. I had a buddy from Cumberland while I was at UVic 20 years ago and he talked about exactly the same thing, so it must be true!:)

i work with a guy sometimes that used to live in cumberland, he'd work a month staight and then have 2 days off. He'd come back with the most crazy stories i have ever head and i can not repeat many of them here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom