82 BJ44 needs an electrical repair guy near Hamburg NY, 14047.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My '82 BJ44 may have some electrical problems, really want someone to take a good look, see if they can fix the headlights, make sure there are no shots, and double check wires for lighter, heater, and radio.. I tried a bunch of forum posts to try and find wiring diagrams, but the BJ44 seems to be quite elusive. Please send an email if within 50 miles.

@82BJ42Fan , I'm not trying to make light of your issue, but the PO of my LJ70 did a butcher job on the radio. If you have an aftermarket radio that could be the source of some of your problems. Most DIYers think they can do this job, but quite often screw it up. Many tie into the Lighter for the clock & memory settings on their aftermarket radio or Voltmeter. Nothing wrong with that, but just how did they do it? Do they do it correctly? If you can't find a specific Toyota guy in your area, a competent Radio Guy / Stereo Shop should be able to review and eliminate half of the problems you listed above. Regarding the Heater, there is a resistor in the duct work on the passenger side floor area that burnt up and prevented me from getting heat in that area. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom