‘81 FJ60 brake pedal lost all resistance and goes to the floor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So at first it happened intermittently then it just went out altogether. Brake pedal has no resistance. Goes to the floor. The brakes engage at the bottom when the pedal hits the floor. I have not had any brake work done recently. I did recently have a shop rebuild the carb but nothing with the brakes. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

How’s the fluid level? Check for fluid leaks at all four corners. Check pad and shoe life. How many miles on the brakes?

Fluid dumped somewhere. Brake master, hard lines or soft lines or rear slave cylinder(s) but my guess is master.

Inspect them all for leaks and follow each brake line. Or drop off at your shop and have them do it.

How’s the fluid level? Check for fluid leaks at all four corners. Check pad and shoe life. How many miles on the brakes?

Didn’t see any leaks at the wheels. Fluid is above min but not by much. Also seems a little watery. Pad life is good not a lot of miles out on it in the last 5 years. It’s been sitting for about 6 months.

Fluid dumped somewhere. Brake master, hard lines or soft lines or rear slave cylinder(s) but my guess is master.

Inspect them all for leaks and follow each brake line. Or drop off at your shop and have them do it.

Thanks for the reply. I’ll inspect lines more. I’m wondering if with it sitting for a while and really old fluid if it picked up moisture in there somehow. Maybe just change fluid and bleed at each corner to start?

@Godwin is on the right track. No fluid movement, no pedal feel = weak brakes. @adamfj60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom