81 FJ40 Alcan springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Needing to get new springs for the ol girl. Existing. 4" spring lift with 11/2" longer shackles. Looking at Alcan because of custom springs. I see mixed experiences but nothing I can find that is new. I carry a lot of weight and my tubby trailer when we go out and want heavier sping capacity with 51/2" lift for the 35's. It looks like they take care of their customers but may have to send springs back to get things right. A lot of money and trouble not to get it right the first time. Questions also about bushing size, 80 and newer different than earlier years. Any advice or suggestions much appreciated.
Screenshot_20201020-224736_Photos~2.jpg

My Alcans have been on since 2005 and I cannot be happier with them. My Cruiser weighed in at 5300 pounds, so I carry a lot of weight too. Over all these years it still sits level. Be sure to give Alcan all the details, including the weight you will have on the front and rear springs. I did have to return my front springs because they got the military wrap on the wrong end ( I have shackle reversal). No hassle for getting corrected springs.

What I'd ask Alcan:
1. Are they tapered leafs?
2. Are the leafs graphite inpregnated?
3. Are the leafs pinch bound (poo poo) or loose bound?
4. Do the leafs have anti friction pads?
5. Are the main leafs military wrapped?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom