80series with 3b/5speed ontario (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Diesel 80series with 3b/5speed ontario

---------------update, scroll down for details----------------------
now turboed, winched and lifted same price
P8180113.jpg

this is not my truck, i am posting this for a friend.

this is originally a US truck, so it is left hand drive. it is now in mississauga, ontario canada.

it is a 1991 fj80 with a 3b/5speed out of a canadian spec. 1983 bj60. chasis/body has 400k km, engine had 250k km

it has 33x12.5 tires, blacked out rims.

strong engine, smooth transmission, no smoke, starts no problem at -25*c
it dont think there would be any issues bring back into US(?)

original ad:
1991 Toyota Land Cruiser series 80 - Toronto Trucks & Vans For Sale - Kijiji Toronto

$9500 obo
contact zaldi
ZaPiquero@yahoo.ca

(ill try to get a video of the engine, it sound so good)

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

Last edited:
Lost,

Not that I'm interested in the truck, but just to clarify/avoid confusion, is the asking price in the Canadian or the US currency?

BTW, the gas mileage is similar to what I get in my diesel 80.

It's not turbo-ed, is it?

ANYWAY, good luck to your friend!

the price is in canadian currency.

no turbo

a rare bj80...

mot- what engine do you have in your 80? 1hdt?

Yeah, I've got an HDJ with 1HD-T, and love it! ;)

GOOD LUCK!!!

That thing must be SLOOOOW.....I am now driving a bj60 5 speed with stock gearing and 31's....IT is slow, so I can only imagine that thing!

What gearing is he running? I know when I put a turbo on my bj62 which has 411 gears and 31's it was a major improvement.

With a turbo that thing MAY have a chance......

Daryl

he says acceleration is slow (like 3fe/auto)
but can cruise up to 110-120 km/hr

its stock 4.10 gears in the axle

the reason the 3b was choosen was not its speed, but it economy/reliability.

80 series - 1995kg
60 series - 1895kg
40 series - 1800kg

None would be fast, but I have no doubt a 3B can move an 80 as well as it moves a 40.

it moves like a cruiser, slow and steady. in canada the speed limit is 100k/hr, which is not hard to get to/ maintain. there is little difference in weight from other trucks that 3b. consider as well the 3b/h55 is not has heavy has 3fe/a440.

|(there is a thread started in 80s forum about this truck as well. maybe you want to move tech q's/chitchat there, keep this thread for the sale.)

Build INfo

Interested in any build info on this rig, as I am thinking about doing this exact swap 3B/H55 with an FJ62 transfer case. I was also concerned about weight, but after calculations in gear and people in my rig I don't think it is a big deal.

80 series - 1995kg
60 series - 1895kg
40 series - 1800kg

None would be fast, but I have no doubt a 3B can move an 80 as well as it moves a 40.

80 series - 1995kg - 4398lbs
60 series - 1895kg - 4178lbs

Looks like the difference is only ~ 200lbs. With me driving a 60 it would weigh as much as an 80, right? I don't think weight is an issue. Bump for the 3B!:D

Looks good did you sell it yet?

okay, i wheeled with this truck this past weekend and i can tell you that 3B powers the 80 nicely over all the mud and hills we tackled. 3B, H55F, 2 piece t/case... that bloody thing rocked on the trail.

the install needs tidying up but it worked well...

not bad for a mall buggy.

ok, this rig now has a -turbo-, a warn 12k and ome heavy in the front +2inch spacers in the rear. the top end of the motor has been rebuilt and tons of maintenance has been done including brake line and re-install of the mud flaps...

with the turbo its soooo nice

it is on the market again for $9500cad.

please contact me for anything else
simon 647-two-seven-one-4716
tdc420@hotmail.com

Last edited:
that is soooo "outside of the box" cool, i just can't get over it.

congrats and good luck in the sale.

I may know someone who would be interested in it.

Front/rear diff locks ?

How is the drivetrain/brakes/seals,etc... any oil leaks anywhere ?

Thnx

no leaks, no lockers, brakes a few months ago, along with axles seals, and even some bearings,
the top end of the motor is just rebuilt, theres a lot of work put in this one, it is a daily driver

this truck is well maintained by a diesel technicial

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom