80’s Newbie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy fellas, I’m a newbie around here. Carolina boy currently living in Japan which as you all must know is a gold mine for old Toyotas. Thankfully I was lucky enough to be able to buy one earlier this year. An absolute beaut if I do say so myself. A 1997 FZJ80 VX Limited. Sadly though, In about 4 days time they’ll be loading her up and sending her on her way to Texas where I’ll be waiting to welcome her home. Can’t wait to show her around and see some of you you fellas on the trail.
8AB69737-1A8A-4E2A-B10E-40159EBCE8AF.jpeg

🤤🤤🤤

Nice cruiser! Military? Where in Japan?
Currently captive in Misawa. Love the snow that comes with being close to Aomori but ready for the wider roads with a rig like this. Over all a pleasant experience, Japanese nationals are the nicest folks you’ll ever meet even if they don’t understand a word you’re saying they’re eager to help with a smile on their face. Covid put a damper on the hopes of seeing other parts of Asia but that time will come eventually.

Nice looking cruiser. You should find her a friend and bring 2 back. You'll forever be glad that you did. One is never enough 👍

Currently captive in Misawa. Love the snow that comes with being close to Aomori but ready for the wider roads with a rig like this. Over all a pleasant experience, Japanese nationals are the nicest folks you’ll ever meet even if they don’t understand a word you’re saying they’re eager to help with a smile on their face. Covid put a damper on the hopes of seeing other parts of Asia but that time will come eventually.
I'm very familiar with Misawa. I was there from 2018-2020 and Oki before that. Enjoy the snow and tranquility. I loved Misawa proper, but not the military aspect of it all. Loved driving 20-30 min and skiing in the best snow of my life. s*** rusts there though so be aware.

I'm very familiar with Misawa. I was there from 2018-2020 and Oki before that. Enjoy the snow and tranquility. I loved Misawa proper, but not the military aspect of it all. Loved driving 20-30 min and skiing in the best snow of my life. s*** rusts there though so be aware.
Yeah the military side of things is never quite up to par here. But we’ve been here since 2018 as well so chances are we crossed paths at some point. Misawa is so darn small it’s hard not to see everyone that lives here at least once. Luckily got the Cruiser sent out just before the snow and salt started hitting the roads this year. I’ll miss the Japowpow at Hakkoda for sure but I’ll make a trip back eventually🤙🏼

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom