80 vs. 100 Series Locker Actuator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can see that the locker actuators for 80 series rear axle have different part numbers than the 100 series. Does anybody have some first-hand experience with the two? I need the electric motor parts and it would be helpful to know if those are the same. And yes, I tried a search.

Glad that my query garnered so many responses. :) I currently have an actuator from an FZJ80 in my 100 series rear axle. The reason for wanting to go this route is cost. The 80's actuator (Aisin part number SAT001) is far less expensive and easier to find than a 100 series. Here are the differences: 1. The connector. You will either have to splice in the old pigtail or carefully disassemble the connectors putting the new pins into the old connector. The wires are the same colors, the pins are the same and the wire location in the connector is the same, so it's easy to figure out. The 80's pigtail is a bit shorter, so the cut and splice may be preferable. 2. The actuator shaft needs to be extended. It needs more reach on the 100 series. This is easy to do, just remove the actuator's cover, extend the shaft to match the 100 series' length, put the cover back on. 3. Dance around in your garage because you have finally exorcized the demons from your locker.

Last edited:
Good info!

You may want to post your findings up in this other, similar thread. (which happened after your original, but got more replies :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom