80 Transfer case gearing differences (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tank5

SILVER Star
Threads
This may be a quick answer by someone who knows. I searched and found bits and pieces about different 80 series transfer cases but nothing that specifically addresses gearing. Sorry if I missed it.

I am aware of at least three different 80 series transfer cases - full time awd, part time with electronic diff lock, and partime that is all manually shifted. I know they came behind different gas and diesel engines.

My question is, Is the gearing in the transfer cases all the same or were there differences depending on the rest of the drivetrain and axle-diff ratios?

I realized I skimmed over some of the other specifics, so please feel free to add what I left out if it is pertinent.

Thanks in advance.

I have a 100 series transfer case that I believe is a part time case as it came from Europe behind a h151f transmission. I am trying to decide if I should use the 100 series or 80 series part time tcase. I have one of each. There is a little difference in the tcase shifter connection and the center diff lock is plastic on the 100 series tcase. Can anyone tell me if one is superior to the other for any reason? Is gearing the same?

Thanks

I may be wrong. but I believe that all 105 came with manual transmissions...now all turbo engines are 100...that being said, if it was 105, same thing, if it was 100, IFS on front, so I would believe that may be the reason for the plastic...either way, gearing should be the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom