80 Suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a 80 Landcruiser fitted with Old Man Emu suspension
The shocks is now due for replacement, as I can see the oil leaks from the shocks
How will I know if standard Monroe shocks bought from Autozone or Midas will fit?
Does the OME suspension come with longer coil springs or is it the same height as the factory springs?
How do one see if your vehicle is lifted? The vehicle seems to be standing slightly higher than a similar model. I tried to check for spacer but did not see anything. My only thought was that maybe the OME coils are higher than factory coils? And then standard shocks will also not work?
What shock brand can you recommend? is OME worth their price?

Hard to say as OME makes various lifts including stock height.

Down and dirty way, measure from the center of your wheel up to the wheel well, vertically. Post back that measurement and should give us an idea of what you have roughly.

1606586355915.png

Hard to say as OME makes various lifts including stock height.

Down and dirty way, measure from the center of your wheel up to the wheel well, vertically. Post back that measurement and should give us an idea of what you have roughly.

View attachment 2508939
it is ± 565mm
So a lift could have been done with higher coils and longer shocks?

it is ± 565mm
So a lift could have been done with higher coils and longer shocks?
Sounds like it. My guess is a OME 2.5" lift depending on how much weight you are carrying. 565mm = roughly 22.2"; stock height is closer around ~19". My OME "J" lift (little taller than the 2.5") netted around 23.5" on each corner.

Lots of info here in this thread:

Sounds like it. My guess is a OME 2.5" lift depending on how much weight you are carrying. 565mm = roughly 22.2"; stock height is closer around ~19". My OME "J" lift (little taller than the 2.5") netted around 23.5" on each corner.
What is "J" Lift? (Higher lift than a standard 2.5" lift?)
So how do one find a replacement shock if you are unsure....
Also still have to find distributor for OME shocks in South Africa.......

Not sure your exact location; but @stinkyfj60 may know some vendors or resources there.

4x4 Mega World:

If you want to try Dobinsons shocks: N1 4x4 | Land Cruiser and Toyota 4WD Shop in Pretoria

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom