80 Series, very poor handling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the same problem. I have new shocks and springs. Still wanders a lot.
Have you followed any of the advice in this thread?

I would add bushings to the list of things to check, and don't overlook the rear control arm bushings. My truck used to steer like a skateboard- overcorrecting with each twitch of the wheel that caused any lean. It turned out to be trashed rear control arm bushings, mostly.

Mine did this. I had new tires put on just before a road trip. Went to air them down in Moab and they were inflated to just over 80 pounds.

Have you followed any of the advice in this thread?

I would add bushings to the list of things to check, and don't overlook the rear control arm bushings. My truck used to steer like a skateboard- overcorrecting with each twitch of the wheel that caused any lean. It turned out to be trashed rear control arm bushings, mostly.
I just found this thread a few days ago. I'm definitely going to replace all the bushings. Thanks. Not sure if the lift will be causing part of the problems. Especially if I go to 35 inch tires. I currently have 33's. It has castor correction bushings, but I don't know if it needs other things for everything to be in correct alignment.

I added 1.25 inch wheel spacers to get a slightly wider stance. Made a noticeable difference at highway speeds and was <$100 change. I agree with the LX450 comment. Understanding this is an “80” post but believe Lexus used slightly softer springs. With stock springs it does drift a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom