80 Series Ute Chop Build (AKA PORKCHOP, AKA EL CHICHARRON) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

how hard was that, do you use any of the old brackets or strip the frame completely and make measurement and weld s*** on.
Yeah pretty much had to strip off all the old brackets down to bare frame and then start welding the Barnes brackets on it really wasn’t too bad took me better part of the day to get everything mounted to frame and axles

I have a 647 also never got to use it, factory new with 7k on it couldn’t find a Ecu stand alone controller for it so i went with a 606, curious where you got yours, BTW the 647 is for sale. I have 1500 in it will let it go for that if someone is interested.
Best
Skip Landon

I have a 647 also never got to use it, factory new with 7k on it couldn’t find a Ecu stand alone controller for it so i went with a 606, curious where you got yours, BTW the 647 is for sale. I have 1500 in it will let it go for that if someone is interested.
Best
Skip Landon
I use the entire wiring harness and all its components from the sprinter van to control the engine. But there is a guy in Iceland I believe Who makes a standalone engine control for the Mercedes diesel called Baldurs stand alone engine control.

One step closer.

image.jpg

Just in time for GSMTR?
Gonna be tight but it may make it. Just hoping I can get the thing to shift out of first gear that’s the only major hangup so I might just be wheeling in first gear high/low lol

I use the entire wiring harness and all its components from the sprinter van to control the engine. But there is a guy in Iceland I believe Who makes a standalone engine control for the Mercedes diesel called Baldurs stand alone engine control.

Ya I was given his name and contacted him the controller is about $1200 to make it a stand alone,
TNX FOR THE MENTION!!!

Ya I was given his name and contacted him the controller is about $1200 to make it a stand alone,
TNX FOR THE MENTION!!!
That sounds pretty reasonable to me!

That sounds pretty reasonable to
That sounds pretty reasonable to me!
That controller was going to be a last resort for me if for some reason the engine went into limp mode if I end up doing a stand alone compushift pro to control the Nag1 tranny. Fortunately I unplugged the trans completely from the harness and the engine still fires up and has throttle so I should be fine. I have an engineer from HGM the company that makes the Compushift TCM calling me tomorrow to see if he can help me figure out the shifting issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom