80 series U.S. Domestic Market Poverty Pack Registry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Using this thread as a forum to document the U.S. domestic market 80 series poverty pack, and to start a registry. The disclaimer is that I am not an expert, and I would also like to use this as a forum to correct and to build the knowledge base.

The USDM did not see the true rest of world, barebones poverty pack that most lust for. Less is MORE!!! However, the USDM 80 series poverty pack is a unicorn, so to speak, as many of the 80 series came to the U.S. well equipped. While it is considered that there were varying levels of poverty pack in the United States, most would agree that the true strippers shipped to the U.S. had cloth interior, no sunroof, no third row, no tint, and no sliding rear quarter glass. In general, options like alloy wheels, premium stereo, differential lockers, sunroof were ordered and equipped from the factory, while running boards, roof rack, towing, and spoiler were later added at port, or the dealer.

The 1991-1992 FJ80 poverty packs were fender flare less, some were missing cruise control, and the 2nd row bench was solid, or non split.

The 1993-1997 FZJ80 poverty packs had fender flares from the factory, air conditioning, cruise control, and could be ordered from the factory with options including premium stereo, alloy wheels, lockers, etc. Interesting enough, I have read on Mud that there were some uniquely optioned 80s for the Hawaiian market. Regardless of poverty status or not, the one poverty pack that I have seen from that market has no sunroof, no right side front window defroster vent, no front door panel speakers, and no rear heater, but sliding windows, rear third seat.

1995 poverty pack, reportedly with factory lockers
IMG_7754.JPG

Feel free to add your USDM poverty pack with the following information:

Model Year:
Factory Options:
Modifications:
Any Unique Stories/History:
Pics!!!:

Last edited:
Model Year: 1997
Factory Options: Premium stereo, alloy wheels, alarm, floor mats, running boards added later
Modifications: None, plan to further decontent
Any Unique Stories/History: Northern California truck for most of life, then off to Utah. Well documented with all records including service history, original purchase paperwork. Previous owner was meticulous.
Pics!!!:
267048495_10223164114023541_2710019172137399953_n.jpg

268267323_10223164114663557_6636328374169790853_n.jpg

268274792_10223164114503553_842708296220642481_n.jpg

IMG_8046.jpg

IMG_8053.jpg

IMG_8054.jpg

IMG_8056.jpg

IMG_8057.jpg

IMG_8059.jpg

IMG_8062.jpg

More pics...

IMG_8065.jpg

IMG_8066.jpg

IMG_8068.jpg

IMG_8069.jpg

IMG_8070.jpg

IMG_8094.jpg

Last edited:
@AAMC Congrats on the purchase. I was about to buy it, but looking for a 3X locked poverty pack! I need more one in my collection of 80's. Seems like i can't ever get enough of them.

Interesting thread. Think you're nearly spot on with the details.
My '93 matches the criteria exactly, w/factory lockers. The PO mentioned it was sorta unusual with the cloth and lockers.
I've added many things, but really like the hand throttle. Don't think it came standard on any US rig but it's a useful option.
It could be argued that the real poverty pack is a fully loaded and well used 97 CE. :rofl:

@AAMC Congrats on the purchase. I was about to buy it, but looking for a 3X locked poverty pack! I need more one in my collection of 80's. Seems like i can't ever get enough of them.
Thanks! I had just been looking for a cloth interior 80 to replace a 95 moonglow that I regret selling. This one popped up after a two year search, and had to grab it, because it was so original and well documented. While lockers would have been a bonus, I figured that it’s poverty status would allow me to overlook that issue. I’m excited to get this thing as bare bones as possible as a U.S. market 80 could get. What other 80’s do you have in your stable?

Interesting thread. Think you're nearly spot on with the details.
My '93 matches the criteria exactly, w/factory lockers. The PO mentioned it was sorta unusual with the cloth and lockers.
I've added many things, but really like the hand throttle. Don't think it came standard on any US rig but it's a useful option.
It could be argued that the real poverty pack is a fully loaded and well used 97 CE. :rofl:
Post up pics and details!!! I’m trying to get all the poverty pack guys to come out of the wood work. I have pics of probably 10 poverty packs that I know are in existence that I’ll post up here. LOL on the 97 CE, I have one of those as my wheeler! 😂

8EDFE657-7F2D-4ADC-B9D2-FDD77C17B0B2.jpeg

B3493A3D-48ED-4CDF-9123-5574FEE2BF11.jpeg

Last edited:
@amm338 I don't document my LC's very well i need to get around and post some pics. Can i ask for a favor im working on my most epic build to date and ive been looking for same exact wheels set up as your 97 what brand are they SCS Ray 10? Any more pics of them?

@amm338 I don't document my LC's very well i need to get around and post some pics. Can i ask for a favor im working on my most epic build to date and ive been looking for same exact wheels set up as your 97 what brand are they SCS Ray 10? Any more pics of them?
I don’t have any additional close ups, but they are Ray 10’s. I run them with Spidertrax spacers, otherwise, the centers have to be bored out.

Post up pics and details!!! I’m trying to get all the poverty pack guys to come out of the wood work. I have pics of probably 10 poverty packs that I know are in existence that I’ll post up here. LOL on the 97 CE, I have one of those as my wheeler! 😂
Good grief. Well if you have 10 of them recorded, I'm sure mine is one of those and would add nothing new to your collection. Will say tho, wish mine didn't come with the luggage rack. (perhaps only because I don't use it)
Plus it's sporting it's Well'ies on aftermarket steels for winter at the moment.
So it just looks like a base model that some poor fool spent his last paycheck to make the biggest statement he could - black d-holes and 33's.
BUT...and critically...

...it doesn't look worth stealing. 👍

Last edited:
This is my lazy way of sharing my poverty pack. This is the thread I started for my poverty 80. I have plans for it eventually.

I have a 96' poverty pack. It has a sunroof, but no roof rack. This is what it looked like before modifications.

View attachment 2875036
That's no poverty pack!
You have the imperialist rear quarter slider AND sunroof!
Disqualified!
edit:AND 3rd row seatbelts! You are an imposter!

:rofl: I have the cloth seats, no fake wood grain, unlocked.
You may not rate as a King or Queen with that package, but you're at least a Duke or Earl.:pompous:
Certainly, you don't belong with the lowly commoners.
I mean, sliding rear windows; you aught to be ashamed.:slap:

your punishment shall be, gasp, to perform (and pay for all parts), a complete rebuild of a Range Rover.:deadhorse: without swearing.

Last edited:
You may not rate as a King or Queen with that package, but you're at least a Duke or Earl.:pompous:
Certainly, you don't belong with the lowly commoners.
I mean, sliding rear windows; you aught to be ashamed.:slap:

your punishment shall be, gasp, to perform (and pay for all parts), a complete rebuild of a Range Rover.:deadhorse: without swearing.
I do realize that I am just above a poser. Damn that previous owner for ordering so many options!

1997 with cloth interior, triple locked, solid rear window, no window tint or third row seat. It did come with the port installed roof rack and does have a sunroof. Dad bought it new and I took her in 2 years ago after he stopped driving and let her sit under the carport for a couple of years. Probably not a poverty pack but she’s pretty bare bones.

3AC6D92D-C494-4CEF-89FA-050DE4159525.jpeg

ED497DD9-CCCB-4F84-BF5F-5975B5CE708C.jpeg

0A4F213E-5A97-4F16-A727-5AA7B899927C.jpeg

FC93A484-1416-4DB3-81C8-65C7405E4FB9.jpeg

1997 with cloth interior, triple locked, solid rear window, no window tint or third row seat. It did come with the port installed roof rack and does have a sunroof. Dad bought it new and I took her in 2 years ago after he stopped driving and let her sit under the carport for a couple of years. Probably not a poverty pack but she’s pretty bare bones.

View attachment 2875937

View attachment 2875938

View attachment 2875939

View attachment 2875940
That’s how I’d have ordered one I think, maybe in nightshade pearl

This is the only USDM poverty pack in existance that I'm aware of. Unless you show me window cranks, I aint listening.

That’s cool! Need more pics and documentation, especially if came across the pond without power anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom