80 series tube door DIY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nukegoat

Should have bought a Jeep
SILVER Star
Threads
Hey - just a little trail tip on making your own tube doors.

First, the dash speakers are totally sufficient to pump out great tunes without the doors.

Second, visibility for parking lot lines is greatly improved without doors.

Third, make sure to roll down whatever windows you want before disconnecting the driver door switches!

Ok - onto the fabrication.

First, find yourself a trash barrel or something tubular that is essentially the right size. I'm upcycling a discarded road repair light blinky barrel that was full of wood and scorpions.

Second, cut the lid off and the bottom off so you have a TUBE. This is the important part.

Third, cut in half and then ziptie to the door hinges.

Fourth, cut your desired profile with a box cutter.

Boom!

qTQ5gZ2.jpg

rViEHeP.jpg

Innovation like this is why I love this community...

That's some interesting upcycling going on there.

Why not just find some doors to hack up? I scrapped one set, and have a second set that I hacked off the window frames that I'd give you to match the body lines and maintain some semblance of containment. Then, you could put you fuel bladders inside, and not get mistaken for a *cough* Jeep owner. Or meth-head.

Without correct airflow around the body, your head gasket is going to blow @nukegoat

Awesome!, Im only struggling to understand why anything there at all. What is it doing?

Also, has that thing even been wheeled before?

Awesome!, Im only struggling to understand why anything there at all. What is it doing?

Also, has that thing even been wheeled before?
It keeps road debris and tire dust etc out of the rig and off the floor mats and seats

That's some interesting upcycling going on there.

Why not just find some doors to hack up? I scrapped one set, and have a second set that I hacked off the window frames that I'd give you to match the body lines and maintain some semblance of containment. Then, you could put you fuel bladders inside, and not get mistaken for a *cough* Jeep owner. Or meth-head.
Nice dude - that's probably a better idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom