80 series TRD supercharger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a 1997 40th anniv. I'm looking for the TRD supercharger for it. Anybody selling one?

Cruiser Dan - American Toyota - see the vendor section. Unless you luck into some random good deal, that is the best you are going to get.

CDan will set you up...still a handful available from what I hear, and who knows if TRD will ever release any more after the current batch sells-out.

Thumper's new S/C was just installed last week at my place by PowderPig. The new kits definitely look nice and a bit different than my Gen1 Kazuma version (improved). My rig has 60,000 miles since the S/C was installed, and you want to be sure that yours is ready for forced induction before putting it into the rig. Your cooling system must be completely up to the task, and any other issues can arise pretty quickly if there are any weaknesses (such as HG, or bearings).

:cheers:

Steve

x3

I am enjoying mine. Haven't yet romped on it yet, but you can tell the power is there. When I ordered mine, there were 30something left in the system. Who knows if they will make more, after all, the newest 80 series is 13 years old now.

Jon

x3

I am enjoying mine. Haven't yet romped on it yet, but you can tell the power is there. When I ordered mine, there were 30something left in the system. Who knows if they will make more, after all, the newest 80 series is 13 years old now.

Jon

Yeah, but they might keep making them to sell in non-US markets. Venezuela was making the fzj80 through 2007. Lucky bastards!

In regards to how many are left etc., remember that there were zero left about 2 years ago and the manufacturer (not Toyota) had to totally re-tool the supercharger molds and stuff to re-produce them. Toyota initially ordered 100 and has re-ordered a few times since then. My understanding is that most of them are going to the Middle East for defense type vehicles as there are tons of 80's in service over there. I am guessing that they will be available for a while based on what my source at the manufacturer has said

In regards to price, they above posts are correct. Call CDan

Aren't these about $5k from the dealer?

I'd like one but have a hard time spending half the price of the truck on a mod.

I paid a little over 3k for mine. Don't recall the exact price. Ordered it from Cdan.

Jon

I found a deal on mine for $3k shipped to my door. A guy had bought it, and not installed it. Changed his mind and decided to sell it..... So I scooped it!!

Just got mine installed last weekend, and love it!! Maybe an intercooler this summer.....maybe!!

There's a supercharged 80 just sold in one of the used car lots here in Sacramento. Ratty looking interior, generally thrashed looking truck. I was surprised to see the supercharger. Don't know what the price is/was.
Ned

Actually, it seems that while the 80 series 1FZ's might have ended, some Central American nations are still receiving 79 series rigs with 1FZ-FE options for the engine. That would mean that while they are not producing more 1FZ's, they are installing them into rigs....

[that's just my assumption--there were no 1FZ's on the assembly line when I was at the Toyota Auto Body plant. I am merely going by the website information for various Central American nations; they could be out of date.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom