80 Series Swaybar Quick Disconnects (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
For interest in purchasing see post # 68 in this thread.

A quick and easy way of gaining 15% more articulation based on our testing.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/786983-front-swaybar-quick-disconnects-revisited-tested.html <updated link

Installation Time on kit: 10 minutes by most, using basic metric hand tools.

Included in the Kit: Everything in the photo.
2 – brackets
4 - 10.9 grade bolts and lock washers
1 – tine pin
1 – safety wire with attached hitch clip
2 – clevis pin with safety clip

Installation Procedure:
1) Remove the two nuts and bolt holding the swaybar to the axle.
2) On the passenger’s side slide the wire ring over the swaybar to avoid loosing the pin.
3) On the driver’s side, install the clevis pin and attach the safety wire.
4) Directly above where the swaybar attaches to the axle are two threaded factory holes in the bottom of the frame. The bracket installs there with the tab facing to the rear and the tab facing outward.

Installation Tips: Reconnect the passengers side first will make the reconnecting easier.

Disconnecting and reconnecting time required:
Less then 2 minutes with no tools required.

History on the Development:
I designed these swaybar disconnects back in 2004 and ran them without issue for a couple years. Fast forward to today - slightly redesigned, but they work on the same original concept.

How Do They Work?
By pulling a pin and unlatching a clevis with a safety wire the front swaybar is freed up and then reinstalled (with the new hardware) out of the way on the new bracket.

Precautions:
Most FZJ80s with over 3 inches of lift with need aftermarket swaybar spacer to avoid contact with the front driveline. Since not every 80 is set up the same, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you disconnect your swaybar, pin it in the disconnected position and raise your 80 from the center with a hi-lift or equivalent to make sure you have the needed driveline/swaybar clearance.
NOTE: If you don’t have swaybar spacer with a lift you, should have them with or without disconnects for optimum performance.

Swaybar spacer are available HERE in the for sale section or from most Land Cruiser outfitters.

Edited info below-

$80Shipped via Priority Mail

Brackets are rattle can painted flat black. NOT powdercoated

Also 100% guarantee ...You dont like them send them back and get a refund. (less shipping)

Now with 2 - clevis pin with safety clip

[/FONT]

IMG_6868.jpg

Last edited:
Am I missing the price somewhere or are you just feeling very generous and giving them away to the nice guys on Mud for Christmas?! I think I need some though...

Am I missing the price somewhere or are you just feeling very generous and giving them away to the nice guys on Mud for Christmas?! I think I need some though...

O'Yea price :doh:

Feeling somewhat compelled to give you a set for free on your discovery but I see you have a turbo so :flipoff2:

$100 Shipped via Priority Mail

PM sent!

FWIW - All the proceeds from the sale of the disconnects goes to my daughter Mia (shipping & accounting) and Nick (manufacturing). They will be using the money to fund there up coming senior summer trip.

:santa:

O'Yea price :doh:

Feeling somewhat compelled to give you a set for free on your discovery but I see you have a turbo so :flipoff2:

$100 Shipped via Priority Mail

I could trade you the turbo for a set...:) Are these limited availability?

Interested! Any installed pics? Interested to see how they mount up.

Never mind found your other thread! Apologies, first post as a FZJ80 owner!

Interested but had a question, excuse my ignorance but am somewhat new to coiled spring suspensions, most of my history has been with the old school leaf springs stuff. I have heard others say it may be an issue if you remove or unhook the swaybar you can possibly cause the coil spring to come out on full articulation? Is this a concern or am I thinking of something else?

thanks,

Noah

Interested but had a question, excuse my ignorance but am somewhat new to coiled spring suspensions, most of my history has been with the old school leaf springs stuff. I have heard others say it may be an issue if you remove or unhook the swaybar you can possibly cause the coil spring to come out on full articulation? Is this a concern or am I thinking of something else?

thanks,

Noah

Not a concern on the front of an 80

Brackets are rattle can painted flat black. NOT powdercoated

Also 100% guarantee ...You dont like them send them back and get a refund.

We now included 2 clevis pin with safety clip....Why - We are finding on earlier Land Cruiser you can use a clevis pin with safety clip on the passengers side also due to different OEM brackets. Now every kit will have both style clip/pin for the passengers side.

Updated info in first post

Last edited:
I'm interested but got a quick question, are you running bump stops on the front? I've got a 4" Ironman lift but never worried about over compressing the shocks because she didn't flex all that well. I'm afraid if I unbolt the sway bars this might become a problem. What are your thoughts?

Thx.

I'm interested but got a quick question, are you running bump stops on the front? I've got a 4" Ironman lift but never worried about over compressing the shocks because she didn't flex all that well. I'm afraid if I unbolt the sway bars this might become a problem. What are your thoughts?

Thx.

No bump stops, that is where the bracket bolts to. My lift is less then 4" and I could not get close to the bump stop once lifted.

I'm sorry, I meant the spacer you attach to the stops in the spring column. I can only assume you don't have one in there either. I've got some thinking to do, thx.

Anyone else running these?? Opinions?? I will order some shortly....I try to spend under 1k a month on LC stuff, but have been failing lately

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom