80 series storage deck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LR_RESQ said:
You wouldn't happen to have the measurement and exact material list would you?

I could get that together and post it up sometime this weekend. I had to build it 13" high because of a subwoofer box underneath it. I picked up various parts from ACE and Home Depot and the carpet from AutoZone. Check back for the measurements and list of materials.

Does that deck match the 2nd row seats when folded down?

TX_TLC said:
Does that deck match the 2nd row seats when folded down?

Nope, couldn't make that happen with my sub-box in there. Its about 2-3 inches above the seats when they are down. I have a plan brewing for an extension and spacers to make it sit level.

OK material list

1 sheet 4'x8' 3/4" plywood. The main deck is 55" wide x 42" deep with the rear corners cut off to fit with the rear pillar. The uprights are 2ea 13"x36" and 1ea 12"x13" support for in the middle.
2ea L bracket 39" long. I used the 4 tie down hook points to mount these to the floor. I slit the carpet and layed the short side of the L bracket under the carpet. I had to get longer bolts and extra washers(for spacers under the bracket) to mount these to the floor.
I used 1/4" x 1" bolts and 1/4" x 5/16" tee nuts to secure the uprights to the L bracket. and 1/2" wood screws with some roofing V brackets to secure the deck to the uprights then some 1-1/2" thin wood screws thru the deck into the uprights.
6ea 1/4" u-bolts with 1-1/4" fender washers and teflon locknuts.
2 rolls of automotive repair carpet and some 3M multi-purpose adhesive spray and stapled underneath the edges.
The storage boxes I ordered from C&H Distributors. My work has an acct with them so I got them at a discount. They are HDPE with stainless hinges.

I wheeled the holy crap out of it yesterday and everything is holding together well. I did however pretty much trash that wind deflector on the back of the rig and almost tore off my firestix antenna. Seriously tight trail with a lot of LOW hanging trees.

Nice :)

I made something practically identical for my old 4Runner. The only difference was the addition of a plywood partition between the back of the shelving and the back seats. This served to keep junk in that rear compartment in the event of a crash. I simply cut out a generous curve in the centre-top of that piece so I could still use my rear view mirror.

:cheers:

TY

Can you still get into the side compartment where the jack is stored?

Mike

MikeB said:
Can you still get into the side compartment where the jack is stored?

Mike

YUP, no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom