80 series Slinky/ICON Long Travel Suspension officially coming to the U.S.A. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 50mm HD coil / 70mm Patrol coil is the same coil. Can run longer 28" 56511 2.0

The AC5300 50mm Int. coil has a shorter free height requires the shorter 26" shock 56509 2.0

woody golden crack_zpsrulspgcw.jpg

Thank you clarifying that. I've been using the 80 series suspension thread that you've laboriously compiled as a reference and I misunderstood the paragraph in quotes below from post #5 of the suspension thread to mean only the rear coils could use the longer shocks. And thank you for creating that thread.

"50mm HD front SC50804F (70mm Patrol coil) 160/240 dual rate ~ approx 14 turns
50mm HD rear is a 75mm Int. 7501 coil
(These coils can be ran with the longer option 28" shocks)"

I think I will wait and order those patrol coils for the front since I can keep my current setup and still take advantage of existing the travel. Thank you for your help. Not much is written on the 2" lift, but lots of feedback to stuffy through on the 3" Slinky lift.

Yeah, it took me years of asking Darren to pull that info from him.

I do not know of anyone else that has that 50mm HD kit other then Woody.

If anyone does have a 50mm HD lift the please speak up. I would definitely be intrested in hearing from you.

I know nuclearlemon has the shorter free height Int. 50mm AC5300 pair with the AC7501 rear coils.

Thank you clarifying that. I've been using the 80 series suspension thread that you've laboriously compiled as a reference and I misunderstood the paragraph in quotes below from post #5 of the suspension thread to mean only the rear coils could use the longer shocks. And thank you for creating that thread.

"50mm HD front SC50804F (70mm Patrol coil) 160/240 dual rate ~ approx 14 turns
50mm HD rear is a 75mm Int. 7501 coil
(These coils can be ran with the longer option 28" shocks)"

I think I will wait and order those patrol coils for the front since I can keep my current setup and still take advantage of existing the travel. Thank you for your help. Not much is written on the 2" lift, but lots of feedback to stuffy through on the 3" Slinky lift.
Yeah doesn't appear the Woodys truck is suffering from any lack of travel with the 50mm coils. ;)
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Now if only we can get a proper AC____ part number for that coil that would be nice. SC50804F is actual a kit number.

Yes, Mill Creek doesn't have it listed.

4xUSA has 2 50mm HD lift coils listed
SC70804FSLT
SC70814FSLT

Is it one of those?

Now if only we can get a proper AC____ part number for that coil that would be nice. SC50804F is actual a kit number.
Yeah Darren has been kinda MIA lately as he remodels and moves into a new house and a new shop. Maybe once things slow down and get back to normal for him we can get some info.

I cant talk that SC______ kit language, I cant understand the meaning of the terminology. I just use coil part numbers.

Darren has been through shop fires, death & many other tough life issuse. He will bounce back.
GodSpeed Darren M.

Hi hogan, nice rig, could you shoot me a pm. I’d like to as some questions about your suspension setup. Thank you

Kolasin, thanks for response. I suppose I could ask for assistance from those in this thread that have a lot of real world experience with the slinky extra heavy or heavy springs. I have a lot of off road experience. Most years use to average 5000 miles a year off road. Not so much in recent years. I just want to gather as much real world experience info so I only do this once. It currently running OME 863 front 864 rear for the past 14 years. PM me if you’d like to give any suggestions. Thanks

Last edited:
Darren has been through shop fires, death & many other tough life issuse. He will bounce back.
GodSpeed Darren M.
That sucks to hear. I hope that he is ok.

Wish I would have read this prior to placing an order for some rear control arms. Placed an order a while back and haven't heard anything back. The rest of my suspension parts are here and waiting - just need the control arms.

Last edited:
That sucks to hear. I hope that he is ok.

Wish I would have read this prior to placing an order for some rear control arms. Placed an order a while back and haven't heard anything back. The rest of my suspension parts are here and waiting - just need the control arms.
I think the new shop is up and running finally. So perhaps you'll have your parts sooner rather than later.

Not likely. This is turning into a nice little s*** show. I really wish I wouldn't have placed this order.
Then cancel the order.? There are other options if you can't wait.

FWIW, I spoke with Darren in Australia today and he's been putting in a ton of work over the past couple months to finally get a consistent flow of Slinky products into the states. There has been a long list of contributors to the inconsistency and lack of availability. But he's working to fix it all. Don't know what to say beyond that. If you can get your hands of the parts, they are awesome! If you can't, and you need something now, there are other options that may or may not be as good.

Then cancel the order.? There are other options if you can't wait.

FWIW, I spoke with Darren in Australia today and he's been putting in a ton of work over the past couple months to finally get a consistent flow of Slinky products into the states. There has been a long list of contributors to the inconsistency and lack of availability. But he's working to fix it all. Don't know what to say beyond that. If you can get your hands of the parts, they are awesome! If you can't, and you need something now, there are other options that may or may not be as good.

I did cancel the order. Now it has turned into a finger pointing match between 4x and another entity. Meanwhile I have no parts and am out $715.

At this point, I don't really care how awesome the parts are. Not impressed with the handling of this situation. I just want my damn money back.

I did cancel the order. Now it has turned into a finger pointing match between 4x and another entity. Meanwhile I have no parts and am out $715.

At this point, I don't really care how awesome the parts are. Not impressed with the handling of this situation. I just want my damn money back.
Who did you order from?

Mill Creek was managing the 4xousa site until just recently so I imagine they were the ones handling the order when you placed it. Hopefully they get you taken care of. I can understand the frustration.

Yeah, we'll see. Based on the volley of emails right now, I'm not super hopeful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom